Who is going to the MX5 Club Driver training day this w/end?

Discussion about MX5s, Roadsters & Miatas, not directly fitting into one of the categories below. Please keep it on topic.

Moderators: LilRay.Sun, Furai, Growler, zorruno, jif

zorruno
Black is the new black.
Black is the new black.

Who is going to the MX5 Club Driver training day this w/end?

Post by zorruno » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:34 pm

Listed here on the club site - still says it is in the planning stages but I believe it is still on.

Anyone driving down from Auckland on Saturday?
(z)

marinerbluemx5
Tentative sideways sliding....

Re: Who is going to the MX5 Club Driver training day this w/

Post by marinerbluemx5 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:07 pm

zorruno wrote:Listed here on the club site - still says it is in the planning stages but I believe it is still on.

Anyone driving down from Auckland on Saturday?
i'd really like to do this

does anyone have any more details? like, if it's full, what the entry cost is, etc. wouldn't be good to drive all the way down to Taupo and find out it was all for nothing

zorruno
Black is the new black.
Black is the new black.

Post by zorruno » Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:45 pm

sorry I am a bit too late with the response but :

There were lots of cars there, but you would probably have been able to participate. It was $75 for the day - generally the club keeps costs low and tries to just break even. A number of Aucklanders went yesterday and stayed the night locally. You can always go for a look, and decide if you want to participate on the day. The next one will likely be in Pukekohe I guess, which will make the trip easier for the Aucklanders - although I really like the Taupo track.

The format was (and usually is similar to this):
Bob Culanane (sp?) was the (professional) instructor, and other committee members and helpers assisted him. The morning was instruction on the track (basically some cornering, braking, slalom and gyhkhana). The afternoon was free laps - some time with helmet on if you wished. They would have packed up about 4:30 so there was plenty of track time.

Well organised as usual - the committee does a great job with these. Lots of smiles on the faces of those who went! I'm guessing 40-50 cars, but not all participated.

I had a great drive down and back - left about 5am, arrived sometime after 8 (and was the first there!) - got home about 7:30pm but could have stayed longer if I didn't have things to do.

There were people there from just about every local Club chapter in the North Island. There were a few people from this forum... I got to look at a few engines in person rather than their uploaded photos, and met a few forumers for the first time.

I have many photos - if anyone wants to see them either PM or email me for the link (They are on my home server...)
(z)

Gordon Tucker
See my 5 and raise you.
See my 5 and raise you.

Post by Gordon Tucker » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:16 am

If anyone that took photos, has any of my blue NC on the track could you please email them to me gtucker@tiptop.co.nz.
2006 NC RS, Winning Blue. Lowered 30mm with King springs, aftermarket rear muffler and single exhaust, Toyo C1S 215/45x17 tyres

marinerbluemx5

Post by marinerbluemx5 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:44 pm

zorruno wrote:sorry I am a bit too late with the response but :

There were lots of cars there, but you would probably have been able to participate. It was $75 for the day - generally the club keeps costs low and tries to just break even. A number of Aucklanders went yesterday and stayed the night locally. You can always go for a look, and decide if you want to participate on the day. The next one will likely be in Pukekohe I guess, which will make the trip easier for the Aucklanders - although I really like the Taupo track.

The format was (and usually is similar to this):
Bob Culanane (sp?) was the (professional) instructor, and other committee members and helpers assisted him. The morning was instruction on the track (basically some cornering, braking, slalom and gyhkhana). The afternoon was free laps - some time with helmet on if you wished. They would have packed up about 4:30 so there was plenty of track time.

Well organised as usual - the committee does a great job with these. Lots of smiles on the faces of those who went! I'm guessing 40-50 cars, but not all participated.

I had a great drive down and back - left about 5am, arrived sometime after 8 (and was the first there!) - got home about 7:30pm but could have stayed longer if I didn't have things to do.

There were people there from just about every local Club chapter in the North Island. There were a few people from this forum... I got to look at a few engines in person rather than their uploaded photos, and met a few forumers for the first time.

I have many photos - if anyone wants to see them either PM or email me for the link (They are on my home server...)
thank you for the write-up.... they should have you do their marketing, if I had known it would have been like that I'd have come for sure. ah well maybe to the next one

zorruno
Black is the new black.
Black is the new black.

Post by zorruno » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:59 am

Gordon Tucker wrote:If anyone that took photos, has any of my blue NC on the track could you please email them to me gtucker@tiptop.co.nz.
haven't looked through all my pics, and some were taken by Graham (MX5 Club Committee) - have sent you the link to have a look
(z)

Greenracer5
Keep calm, Forum Moderator here.
Keep calm, Forum Moderator here.

Post by Greenracer5 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:28 pm

Hi Z
could you forward me the link to your pics, please?

Marinerblue...if only you'd asked we could have told you what it was going to be like.
Next time maybe.

Cheers

GR5
Take it out and play with it.

http://miata.cardomain.com/id/britracinggreen

Return to “MX5 Discussion”