Forza Motorsport 3

Talk about stuff not related directly to MX5s. Feel free to discuss what you like, as long as you keep within the forum rules.

Moderators: LilRay.Sun, Growler, jif, r3spct

Quidam
See my 5 and raise you.
See my 5 and raise you.

Forza Motorsport 3

Post by Quidam » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:33 pm

Hi.

Anyone here own an Xbox 360?

I just downloaded the Forza 3 demo and think it is an amazing driving sim. Graphics are great, but they have not compromised performance -it appears to run at a high framerate and feels very responsive. Will definately be getting it on release day!

Apparently there will be over 400 different cars available and one list I read included the MX5 :)

ps. Was driving the mini-cooper last night and did a (unintentional) 720 without hitting anything. Finished up facing the right way and just kept on going lol

soulfader
Tentative sideways sliding....
Tentative sideways sliding....

Post by soulfader » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:29 pm

im currently looking for xbox just because of forza 3!!

Gravelben
I have stars and not afraid to use them

Post by Gravelben » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:09 pm

Always enjoyed Forza 1 on the old xbox, had a few amusingly modified MX5s on there too. Never tried Forza 2 or 3, will have to investigate...

Quidam
See my 5 and raise you.
See my 5 and raise you.

Post by Quidam » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:20 am

So I've had Forza3 for a few days now, and in my opinion, it is just a magnicent racing sim.

I haven't had so much fun on the XBOX for a long time.

All 3 gens of the MX5 are represented. In fact the list of cars is huge, approx 400 of them, plus no doubt future downloads as well.

Been having lots of fun driving my old cars, plus cars I've aspired to but never owned. The tracks are also fantastic, as there is huge variety.

As great as it is, it is not perfect. I play with the cockpit view, as this feels most realistic to me. But the rear-view mirror is mostly off the side of the screen (WTF) making it pretty useless. I guess they did that in order to maintain proper aspect ratio of the car interior, but i find it annoying.

AI is also a bit annoying. By that I mean that on easy/medium, even an average driver (which I am) can win fairly easily after a bit of practice. But on hard level they are almost unbeatable. There needed to be another level in between. Having said that, the way the AI drivers behave is very realistic compared to other racers I've played where it seems like they can just teleport back up to you even after they done a major spin-out.

Lastly, as far as I can tell, there is no weather or night driving effects, which I personally would have liked.

Overall though, if you own a 360, you have to get this, and if you don't own a 360, then this is a great reason to get one.

Timmo
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by Timmo » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:15 pm

It certainly looks pretty cool- Tell me, what is the deal with X-box live?

It is a fee on top of a normal broad band account or how does it work?

Quidam
See my 5 and raise you.
See my 5 and raise you.

Post by Quidam » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:28 pm

Hi Tmmo

Well unlike the PS3 network, it is not free.

Actually, there are two options. Silver and Gold. Silver is free and gives you access to downloads; patches etc but only Gold allows you to game online. Gold membership costs about 80-100 dollars year, if memory serves me correctly.

So you create a gamertag, join the Xbox live network, and then build a "friends-list" of people you like to game with. Warning: Adolescent kids; ego maniacal trash-talkers and deviant perverts are all rife on Xbox Live. In all honesty, I don't game over xbox live much these days, but with F3, I'd actually really like to try some online racing. With the right people, it would probably be a massive amount of fun.

My Gamer tag is Samadhi Warrior if you (or anyone else on this forum) ever want to add me to their friendslist. I'd definitely be up for some Forza3 multiplayer action with some fellow Kiwis!

Gravelben

Post by Gravelben » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:28 pm

If you're looking for more like-minded petrolhead Forza users, try here:

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/foru ... &mid=43032

:)

Return to “Off Topic Chat”