stickers instead of plates?

Talk about stuff not related directly to MX5s. Feel free to discuss what you like, as long as you keep within the forum rules.

Moderators: LilRay.Sun, Growler, jif, r3spct

marinerbluemx5
Tentative sideways sliding....

stickers instead of plates?

Post by marinerbluemx5 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:50 pm

There's this Ferrari F355 that I sometimes see about central Auckland that, instead of a regular full-sized metal license plate, has a sticker version of it on the front bumper. It's basically stuck on the front bumper and just follows the car's curves. Oh and it's also a lot smaller than a regular plate, maybe half the area?

So I was wondering... is this allowed? Wouldn't mind doing it on my MX5, would decrease some drag :shock: :lol:

MX5PWR
Need, more, 5-ing, time....
Need, more, 5-ing, time....

Post by MX5PWR » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:10 pm

This topic comes up regularly. In short, the Ferrari owner can maybe afford the $250 instant fine more than you can, it is illegal not to display the regulation two plates on your car.
Seems to be localized as to whether the boys in blue will stop you or not but could be a very expensive experiment.
Good luck

marinerbluemx5

Post by marinerbluemx5 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:54 am

MX5PWR wrote:This topic comes up regularly. In short, the Ferrari owner can maybe afford the $250 instant fine more than you can, it is illegal not to display the regulation two plates on your car.
Seems to be localized as to whether the boys in blue will stop you or not but could be a very expensive experiment.
Good luck
haha alright thanks, in that case I'll just keep the $250 for a track day entry fee or something :D

Return to “Off Topic Chat”