Warning to owners of lowered 5s !!!!

Talk about stuff not related directly to MX5s. Feel free to discuss what you like, as long as you keep within the forum rules.

Moderators: LilRay.Sun, Growler, jif, r3spct

Euen
I am quitting my job and going 5-ing

Warning to owners of lowered 5s !!!!

Post by Euen » Sun May 26, 2013 6:04 pm

If you are traveling south on Great South Road, just before Sylvia Park Road there are several man-hole covers sitting proud of the road surface that have already destroyed a couple of sumps (not mine). The road is being resurfaced and these covers have been left above the surface. There is a bit of warning but nothing that really indicates the severity of the risk.

Be careful through that section of Gt South Road!
TG Sports, classic roadster - modern technology. NA1800, 99 head, 11:1 +2mm Wiseco pistons, Link LEM, Alloy f/wheel, JR headers.

Mr. Shine

Post by Mr. Shine » Mon May 27, 2013 3:10 pm

Used to be a really nasty bit on Gillies Ave, through the traffic lights at the intersection with Alpers Ave where the badminton or table tennis club driveway comes to the road. Used to have to dodge the crap road seal sticking a good bit above the rest of the road surface.

Hopefully they sort this out like they did with Gillies, but a bit faster :?

chris
I have stars, you haven't. Deal with it
I have stars, you haven't.  Deal with it

Post by chris » Mon May 27, 2013 3:27 pm

Cheers, ridiculous that they leave them like that... HERPY DERP
1 X Primera
2 X Silvia
1 X BMW E30
1 X Audi A6
3 X Mazda MX5 (1989, 1990, 1991)

TehAshleigh
Need, more, 5-ing, time....

Post by TehAshleigh » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:41 am

Haha!! Was just about to post something like this. Boyfriend lives in Sylvia Park and we both have lowered cars. Has caught both of us offguard - in saying that the sparks would have looked crackup to everyone else!

Euen

Post by Euen » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:11 pm

Unfortunately son's girlfriend had the sump ripped open on her car but the good news is that is being sorted at no cost to her. Took a bit of negotiation but the relevant people came to the party.
TG Sports, classic roadster - modern technology. NA1800, 99 head, 11:1 +2mm Wiseco pistons, Link LEM, Alloy f/wheel, JR headers.

Skilfil
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by Skilfil » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:17 pm

Euen wrote:Unfortunately son's girlfriend had the sump ripped open on her car but the good news is that is being sorted at no cost to her. Took a bit of negotiation but the relevant people came to the party.
I'm genuinely surprised, there was a similar issue over in the states. Guy with a low Mk5 Golf had his sump ripped out, they told him to get f'd his car was too low and caused it.

Good to hear anyway.

SLYDIT
Keep calm, Forum Moderator here.
Keep calm, Forum Moderator here.

Post by SLYDIT » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:04 pm

road work crews arent allowed to leave any bump/obstruction greater than 40mm which is the thickness of a standard lay of hotmix. most new roads use a double 40mm lay so thats 80mm max. the 80mm max MUST be ramped to prevent damage. anything like a manhole cant be left protruding more than 40-50mm. anything more and you can do them for the damage
RED '90 TURBO.
SCARING PRIUS DRIVERS SINCE 2002

TehAshleigh

Post by TehAshleigh » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:44 pm

Euen wrote:Unfortunately son's girlfriend had the sump ripped open on her car but the good news is that is being sorted at no cost to her. Took a bit of negotiation but the relevant people came to the party.
That's no good!! I'm glad you took action and negotiated.

Return to “Off Topic Chat”