New PMs

Talk about stuff not related directly to MX5s. Feel free to discuss what you like, as long as you keep within the forum rules.

Moderators: LilRay.Sun, Growler, jif, r3spct

GRUVBB
I am quitting my job and going 5-ing

New PMs

Post by GRUVBB » Wed May 15, 2013 9:51 pm

I have received a few PMs tonight while trying to resolve my pic loading issue.... My new query is how to determine a new PM when looking at inbox. The new ones and the ones I have read look the same. The bell on left side of screen does not change to yellow as the new forumn posts do... What is the MARK box on right for? The bar at top with PRIVATE MESSAGES under the MX5 forumn logo does not show any indication. I only get an email alerting me of new message. When I enter PRIVATE MESSAGES they appear the same if I have read them or if they are new..... Any ideas or is my profile going to corrupt forever and picture less???

zorruno
Black is the new black.
Black is the new black.

Re: New PMs

Post by zorruno » Wed May 15, 2013 11:51 pm

GRUVBB wrote:I have received a few PMs tonight while trying to resolve my pic loading issue.... My new query is how to determine a new PM when looking at inbox. The new ones and the ones I have read look the same. The bell on left side of screen does not change to yellow as the new forumn posts do...
not sure if icon changes sorry - would need to check... there is a date there though
GRUVBB wrote:What is the MARK box on right for? The bar at top with PRIVATE MESSAGES under the MX5 forumn logo does not show any indication. I only get an email alerting me of new message. When I enter PRIVATE MESSAGES they appear the same if I have read them or if they are new..... Any ideas or is my profile going to corrupt forever and picture less???
the mark box is to allow you to delete multiple... or save them to your 'save/archive' box

You'll get an email, and also a popup alert window when you browse the site (if that option is enabled in your preferences... and your browser supports it)
(z)

GRUVBB

Post by GRUVBB » Wed May 15, 2013 11:57 pm

Email and up come through. Had a bit of correspondence with MrG which all came through with same initial title so was a bit confused as to which was new and which historical. If the are a long time apart the time gives a clue. If its like tennis and numerous back and forths the times are almost the same..... Thanks for answer on that one.

Return to “Off Topic Chat”