Tech Shop

Talk about stuff not related directly to MX5s. Feel free to discuss what you like, as long as you keep within the forum rules.

Moderators: LilRay.Sun, Growler, jif, r3spct

Donovan
I only think 5.
I only think 5.

Tech Shop

Post by Donovan » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:36 am

A mate of mine is testing the waters for bringing over an American concept to NZ, which is based around the following (http://techshop.ws/index.html), so have a look and see what you think.

He is basically doing his own sort of first level market research to see if it is going to be viable and of interest, so if this is something that you think you might be keen on seeing brought over here, go to the following website and fill out the survey

http://goo.gl/nLVV2

Oh, sorry, but the survey is for Jaffa's only, as that is where they would be looking at launching initially.

punkoutnz
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by punkoutnz » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:37 pm

I think it's a fantastic idea, he would have to be careful though with our trade laws. IE: Just cos someone is only renting the workshop space, would the company be liable for any defects or faults from workmanship due to their own screw ups?

I've always thought something like this would go down really well cos there are plenty of people wanting to work on their cars without the means to.
Cool sunroof bro...

SLYDIT
Keep calm, Forum Moderator here.
Keep calm, Forum Moderator here.

Post by SLYDIT » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:16 pm

but youd have to have someone overseeing things and youd have to pay them...so then why not just pay a mechanic? also the health and safety nazis would have a field day...imagine if someone dropped a gearbox on thier foot...(or a car)
RED '90 TURBO.
SCARING PRIUS DRIVERS SINCE 2002

Donovan
I only think 5.
I only think 5.

Post by Donovan » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:07 am

They have a similar thing in the UK at well, but rather than having courses and experts on hand, they just have garage space with all the tools and lift that you rent, and can buy simple things like oil and stuff like you get a Repco from them at the same time.

Don't know how differen the health and safety laws are in the UK compaired to here.

Born_disturbed
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by Born_disturbed » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:31 am

Seen this idea from America before and always really liked it. Hope it goes ahead

Donovan
I only think 5.
I only think 5.

Post by Donovan » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:45 pm

Born_disturbed wrote:Seen this idea from America before and always really liked it. Hope it goes ahead
Well start filling out the survey, and with enough respondants he might be able to get the investors onboard. Spread the word around.

Born_disturbed
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by Born_disturbed » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:53 pm

Donovan wrote:
Born_disturbed wrote:Seen this idea from America before and always really liked it. Hope it goes ahead
Well start filling out the survey, and with enough respondants he might be able to get the investors onboard. Spread the word around.
Did it last night before I commented :wink:

WideOpenThrottle
I have stars, you haven't. Deal with it
I have stars, you haven't.  Deal with it

Post by WideOpenThrottle » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:24 pm

Something like this started up years ago...didnt survive for.... what-ever reason i never heard or can't remember.
1989 NA 1650
1998 NB 1800
2005 NC 2000
1990 Landcruiser
Surfboard
Push-bike
Hiking shoes

Return to “Off Topic Chat”