re[2]: Brand New soft tops

Archives of Posts to the NZ MX5 List back in 2002
Mathew

Post by Mathew » Wed Jan 09, 2002 2:52 pm

I was going to source a new top through Don at Autoway services in Hamilton (advertises in Topdown mag). He can source and fit coloured tops (silver,blue,tan and black) for around $1200. I don't know what material they are made of. Another Hamilton member recently fitted one of the blue tops to his metalic blue car and it looks veeeery nice!. I was all set to order a silver top for my silver 90, but I got a bit carried away and bought a whole new car instead.

Matt

Nigel Every

Post by Nigel Every » Wed Jan 09, 2002 6:34 pm

I was the member from Hamilton who bought the Blue top from Don at Autoway services,
and yes it is veeeeerrrrrrry nice. He is able to get both the Robbins and ezi on
(think that is how it is spelt) I bought the ezi on as it came in blue. You would
be very hard pushed to tell the difference from the factory original if in fact there
is a difference.
I fitted it myself which was a lot cheaper but you do need to have worked with the
tops to know what to do !!! You can reach Don on 025 757590, he is on holiday at
the moment but Iam sure her wont mind if you ring to get a price.

Where do you live?

Nigel

I was going to source a new top through Don at Autoway services in Hamilton (advertises
in Topdown mag). He can source and fit coloured tops (silver,blue,tan and black)
for around $1200. I don't know what material they are made of. Another Hamilton member
recently fitted one of the blue tops to his metalic blue car and it looks veeeery
nice!. I was all set to order a silver top for my silver 90, but I got a bit carried
away and bought a whole new car instead.
[...]

Return to “2002”