New member, Hi!

Discussion about MX5s, Roadsters & Miatas, not directly fitting into one of the categories below. Please keep it on topic.

Moderators: LilRay.Sun, Furai, Growler, zorruno, jif

mxslide
Hey. They are NOT Training wheels.
Hey.  They are NOT Training wheels.

New member, Hi!

Post by mxslide » Sat May 24, 2008 9:32 pm

Hi,
Been browsing the site for a while and finally decided to register. Im on my 2nd MX5, first one was a silver NA, and I currently have a white (well half sanded/primer/filler) NA which was my daily driver up untill recently. I have had it out on Taupo with Club K, in a very standard form, but now it is time to get serrious with it. (Gotta start gaining on those Starlets!)

Im also a sales rep for Saeco Bearings on the North Shore, so if anyones after a good deal on front hub units, rear wheel kits, gearbox bearings, seals, tensioners, gates belts etc just yell out :D

Cheers!
Kieran

peter
Need, more, 5-ing, time....
Need, more, 5-ing, time....

New member, Hi!

Post by peter » Sat May 24, 2008 10:10 pm

and a hearty welcome to you!

there's a club run tomorrow to West Brook Winery in Waimaukau if you're interested, details are on the website.

Peter

DRGN1
----- Original Message -----
To: mx5talk@mx5forum.co.nz (mx5talk@mx5forum.co.nz)
Sent: Saturday, May 24, 2008 9:32 PM
Subject: [MX5] New member, Hi!

Hi,
Been browsing the site for a while and finally decided to register. Im on my 2nd MX5, first one was a silver NA, and I currently have a white (well half sanded/primer/filler) NA which was my daily driver up untill recently. I have had it out on Taupo with Club K, in a very standard form, but now it is time to get serrious with it. (Gotta start gaining on those Starlets!)

Im also a sales rep for Saeco Bearings on the North Shore, so if anyones after a good deal on front hub units, rear wheel kits, gearbox bearings, seals, tensioners, gates belts etc just yell out Image

Cheers!
Kieran

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG.
Version: 8.0.100 / Virus Database: 269.24.1/1463 - Release Date: 5/23/2008 15:36
[Posted via external email]

jif
Why yes, actually I do run this site.
Why yes, actually I do run this site.

New member, Hi!

Post by jif » Sat May 24, 2008 11:31 pm

hi Kieran

"serious" - I like the sounds of that :D

-Jeff

[Posted via external email]

Psycho_Dad
See my 5 and raise you.
See my 5 and raise you.

Post by Psycho_Dad » Sun May 25, 2008 9:50 pm

welcome to the club, i hope with collective motivation we can make all our cars tarmac weapons

peace
Psycho_Dad

mxslide

Post by mxslide » Mon May 26, 2008 5:40 pm

Thanks for the welcome!

What I mean by serrious (at this stage at least) is full roll cage, suspension work, front brake upgrade, race seats and then look at putting a turbo/link. Wont be a particularly fast build as im building it on a budget but will be doing most of it myself or get things, like the cage done by a friend.

Ill keep you guys posted, no doubt ill through around a few questions

Euen
I am quitting my job and going 5-ing
I am quitting my job and going 5-ing

Post by Euen » Mon May 26, 2008 10:03 pm

Kieran, welcome to the forum. Just a word of caution, make sure that you get a cage that meets the requirements of Motorsport NZ if you are planning on competing on sanctioned events. You should be OK for open track days but if it is an event run under a MSNZ permit you will need an approved cage.

Euen
TG Sports, classic roadster - modern technology. NA1800, 99 head, 11:1 +2mm Wiseco pistons, Link LEM, Alloy f/wheel, JR headers.

mxslide

Post by mxslide » Tue May 27, 2008 7:06 pm

Yea, I am aware of all that. But thanks anyway! The person building it is very experianced, so shouldnt be to much of a hassle.

Return to “MX5 Discussion”