Clutch repair prices around wellington

Discussion about MX5s, Roadsters & Miatas, not directly fitting into one of the categories below. Please keep it on topic.

Moderators: LilRay.Sun, Furai, Growler, zorruno, jif

brent
Hey. They are NOT Training wheels.
Hey.  They are NOT Training wheels.

Post by brent » Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:11 pm

Can anyone recommend someone to service (replace) the clutch of our 1990 1600cc mx5 in the Wellington City/Hutt Valley area? Have had a few estimates around the 7-800 mark, anyone had it done for less?

Thanks in advance, Brent

:)
1990 Red MX5, hardtop

R LTD
See my 5 and raise you.
See my 5 and raise you.

Post by R LTD » Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:25 pm

Give Johnsonville Car Maintenance a call. Speak to Ron 478 0451. May not be cheaper but can guarantee a quality job. Service a number of MX5’s in the Northern suburbs.

Tony
R LTD

MN
Need, more, 5-ing, time....
Need, more, 5-ing, time....

Post by MN » Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:12 pm

I've always had very good service for my 1990 from Maclennan Performance Centre in Willis St although I haven't had a clutch replaced yet.
cheers,

Mark

Ian
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by Ian » Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:39 pm

If it is of any help, Canterbury Mazda replaced my clutch in March, which also involved replacing my flywheel (for an aftermarket alloy one). I supplied all the parts, and the labour charge was $300 incl gst (4 hrs). A charge out rate of $75 per hr would be near the top of the scale I would have thought...from memory, a dealer clutch kit price was quite competitive with Repco/BNT etc, but I wanted an uprated clutch, so sourced an Exedy from BNT (where I get a discount).

Ian :)
93 1.8,intake/ex mods,Megasqirt PNP,torsen ,konis,GC coilovers,Nitto-01,cage,sparco seat,Schroth harness.

Return to “MX5 Discussion”