Who in Auckland can install my LSD (Properly)

Discussion about MX5s, Roadsters & Miatas, not directly fitting into one of the categories below. Please keep it on topic.

Moderators: LilRay.Sun, Furai, Growler, zorruno, jif

poison
Keep calm, Forum Moderator here.

Who in Auckland can install my LSD (Properly)

Post by poison » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:54 pm

I'm now the proud owner of a Cusco 2 way RS version LSD. And it needs to be fitted....

I thought I can do this myself or any grease monkey will do…. But NO! a couple of the gear heads at work said "STOP" this is a job for a skilled professional, and do not go to a gear and transmission company.

The surfaces have to be blued and if it's set up less than 100% correctly then it's noise or excessive wear. Anyone have any recommendations. Some of the drift forums mention Diff Spec in Manukau (nice to have someone closer) and Steelie Gears in Otahuhu.

Thoughts all?

:twisted: Gazda :twisted:

I'm so pleased I pasted all that into Word for a spell check first 8)
:twisted: Gazda in the white HOT Mazda :twisted:

Growler
Yes. I might just know (Trusted Advisor)

Post by Growler » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:18 am

I haven't used any of them but both companies have been around for a long time. All of the hot rod/muscle car guys use them and talk highly of them.

Growler.

Fletch

Post by Fletch » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:43 pm

I also havent used them myself, but Diffs-R-Us has been near station rd penrose for many years...

Fletch.
Red '90. Many n/a mods and Link ECU

SLYDIT

Post by SLYDIT » Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:45 pm

who ever you use, i suggest getting some info off the net about correctly setting up MX5 diffs with any special requirements needed and even a "how to " on how to PROPERLY disconnect the diff assembly from the Power plant frame. It may be telling the diff guy to suck eggs but its nice to leave them that info "just in case" they cant find the info on corrrect setup such as back lash etc...time for some googling i think
RED '90 TURBO.
SCARING PRIUS DRIVERS SINCE 2002

Return to “MX5 Discussion”