I am now a legit MX5er

Discussion about MX5s, Roadsters & Miatas, not directly fitting into one of the categories below. Please keep it on topic.

Moderators: LilRay.Sun, Furai, Growler, zorruno, jif

Euen
I am quitting my job and going 5-ing
I am quitting my job and going 5-ing

I am now a legit MX5er

Post by Euen » Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:53 pm

After 2 years of playing with MX5 mechanicals and electricals I recently succumbed to the temptation and acquired a complete, road legal silver 91 Eunos Roadster. Unfortunately it was carrying a few battle scars on the left side (acquired by the previous owner) but apart from that and a few leaks in the roof it goes really well despite its 206ks on the clock. A quick check at Nth Harbour Mazda confirmed that it left the factory with a limited slip diff and it also has a proper oil pressure guage.

The LH door has now been replaced with one of the same colour and a new (second hand) rear guard is on the way.

As mentioned, the roof is past its best and with a few small holes on the folds above the side windows however of more concern is the pool of water that develops in the well of the boot. I can't see any likely source of the water in the boot and wondered if anyone else had had the same problem and could shed some light on where it could be getting in.

Cheers
Euen
TG Sports, classic roadster - modern technology. NA1800, 99 head, 11:1 +2mm Wiseco pistons, Link LEM, Alloy f/wheel, JR headers.

Fletch
Yes. I might just know (Trusted Advisor)
Yes. I might just know (Trusted Advisor)

Post by Fletch » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:08 am

Welcome Euen....

The water in the boot is cause by a broken/leaky rain rail.

The rain rail is a separate part attached to the bottom/rear of the soft-top inside the body of the car, and collects the rain off the roof and chanels it to the drains. While you could replace it separately from the roof.... it would be a waste of time to do so... might as well replace both the soft-top and rain-rail together.

Fletch.
Red '90. Many n/a mods and Link ECU

Ian
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by Ian » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:38 am

Euen....
Knowing your father, makes you legit!
Owning an MX5 is just a bonus......

Ian :D
93 1.8,intake/ex mods,Megasqirt PNP,torsen ,konis,GC coilovers,Nitto-01,cage,sparco seat,Schroth harness.

MN
Need, more, 5-ing, time....
Need, more, 5-ing, time....

Post by MN » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:39 pm

And there is a small drain hole just in front of the rear wheel inner guards that can get blocked with "stuff". A longish bit of wire slowly pushed up it can clear it too.
cheers,

Mark

Return to “MX5 Discussion”