2014 Meet time!

Discussion about MX5s, Roadsters & Miatas, not directly fitting into one of the categories below. Please keep it on topic.

Moderators: LilRay.Sun, Furai, Growler, zorruno, jif

Angreal
I have stars, you haven't. Deal with it
I have stars, you haven't.  Deal with it

Re: 2014 Meet time!

Post by Angreal » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:25 pm

chris wrote:But seriously, 6/2/2014 (Thursday the 6th of Feb) 730 PM Ellerslie Burgerfuel.
I'll assume people are still keen for Waitangi day?

GRUVBB
I am quitting my job and going 5-ing

Post by GRUVBB » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:15 pm

Im still keen. Rather have a burger than a boil up

McNuggetBandit
Tentative sideways sliding....
Tentative sideways sliding....

Post by McNuggetBandit » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:39 pm

I will hopefully be able to come out after work be good to catch up with people. Cars looking a bit rough but shes in early days atm haha

4A-GE

Post by 4A-GE » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:18 pm

I'll go if you guys are still there at like half 9 after I've finished work. Unless you've moved to the pub by then, in which case I will be equally happy to abide.

Otherwise, James out. :(

BRM
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by BRM » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:34 pm

To soon!
Have it in like two weeks!

2low2c
Need, more, 5-ing, time....
Need, more, 5-ing, time....

Post by 2low2c » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:37 am

I'll be there ,but which car Decisions Decisions .

4A-GE

Post by 4A-GE » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:50 am

2low2c wrote:I'll be there ,but which car Decisions Decisions .
One towing the other.

MrGrey

Post by MrGrey » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:44 pm

I am psyching up for the long drive down.....

harlansmart
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by harlansmart » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:00 pm

VVTi 6sp!!

Hoping UUBER will take me in hers so we can have a 'square off' ha ha
2low2c wrote:I'll be there ,but which car Decisions Decisions .

MrGrey

Post by MrGrey » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:49 pm

so is the address:
burgerfuel, 2 Robert St, Ellerslie?

googlemaps doesn't show a burgerfuel and the road appears to be a main thoroughfare rather than a carpark.

am I looking at the wrong place?

MrGrey

Post by MrGrey » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:21 pm

really sorry guys but it looks like I won't make it down for this one due to my sister crashing her car and I have to go meet up with the family at hospital. no idea currently how serious it is :(

f^^^sakes, this sucks :(

GRUVBB

Post by GRUVBB » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:48 pm

MrGrey wrote:really sorry guys but it looks like I won't make it down for this one due to my sister crashing her car and I have to go meet up with the family at hospital. no idea currently how serious it is :(

f^^^sakes, this sucks :(
Hope she is ok. Thoughts to you and family..... Will have some chips with aioli for ya.
At least your old rims will be there!

MrGrey

Post by MrGrey » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:29 pm

Sigh, just got back from the hospital, my sister lost control and crashed her car breaking her arm. pretty much a waste of time me going and in retrospect I should have come down to the meet.

The accident was totally her fault and she had the audacity to ask to borrow my car because its still an auto.

You can imagine my response.

Angreal

Post by Angreal » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:12 pm

You gave her the car didn't you....

MrGrey

Post by MrGrey » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:16 pm

my answer went something along the lines of

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ............. wait ........ are you being serious?, f### no!..... do you have concussion or something?"

Angreal

Post by Angreal » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:05 am

Had a few new faces turn up as well as the first NC I've seen up close. Now I just have to work out how to start fitting NC parts into my car :lol:

I might even have some random footage from the event. I mean really random but I'll check my card to see if it got anything

*Edit*

It does have lots of footage so I put up videos where something actually happens (don't get your hopes up for anything interesting to happen :p) as my car security insurance camera is still new to me. Records motion when you park, films while you drive and then takes note of if you hit the record event button or if you trigger the g-sensor

#1 https://www.dropbox.com/s/of9ms1dx9v5ns ... 220159.avi

#2 https://www.dropbox.com/s/e2359t9y4gydq ... 200610.avi

#3 https://www.dropbox.com/s/rz824k2dxyeza ... 221822.avi

and found a video of the drive home since we didn't get to go for a cruise. The GPS reminded me to slow down (oops)...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gd8pumd6x8u4h ... 225621.avi

GRUVBB

Post by GRUVBB » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:20 am

Thats an interesting camera to have on board ANGREAL. Where do they come from? Does insurance sponsor them at all. Thats got to be good if something bad happens.... As long as camera is in view. Probably a worthy investment till it films you speeding.
Your bonnet is pretty nice also.

Angreal

Post by Angreal » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:38 am

GRUVBB wrote:Thats an interesting camera to have on board ANGREAL. Where do they come from? Does insurance sponsor them at all. Thats got to be good if something bad happens.... As long as camera is in view. Probably a worthy investment till it films you speeding.
It's from Korea. Lukas LK-7900. Yeah if I read the manual I can turn off the GPS feature so that can't be used against me... I'm still learning how to use it but it's only got 2 buttons :roll:

They're big in Korea/China/Russia and you can't get insurance in Russia without a dashcam. I'm sure they wouldn't have any issues with having a camera because if anything goes to court then you have evidence to hopefully prove it was completely there fault and they won't be able to counter it... If I play around with the settings I can get it to record on 1080p and if I'm at fault then naturally the SD card would disappear :wink: Not my fault if you didn't invest in one yourself would be my defence. That and oh the card seems to have been destroyed...

Oh and if someone hits your car in a carpark then hopefully you record it and you can use it to get insurance to chase them up as you'll (hopefully) have their plate, date and time accident occurred and a video of them driving into your car. Figured the peace of mind was worth the $200 the camera cost

jif
Why yes, actually I do run this site.
Why yes, actually I do run this site.

2014 Meet time!

Post by jif » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:23 am

At least at the commercial level these are popular too ... we've seen a few videos (at the insurance company office) from truckie-cams of accidents because of suicidal motorists doing dumb stuff , like blowing through stop signs at rural 4-way intersections causing rollovers etc.

On 8 February 2014 00:38, Angreal <mx5talk@mx5forum.co.nz (mx5talk@mx5forum.co.nz)> wrote:
GRUVBB wrote:
Thats an interesting camera to have on board ANGREAL. Where do they come from? Does insurance sponsor them at all. Thats got to be good if something bad happens.... As long as camera is in view. Probably a worthy investment till it films you speeding.

It's from Korea. Lukas LK-7900. Yeah if I read the manual I can turn off the GPS feature so that can't be used against me... I'm still learning how to use it but it's only got 2 buttons [Rolling Eyes]

They're big in Korea/China/Russia and you can't get insurance in Russia without a dashcam. I'm sure they wouldn't have any issues with having a camera because if anything goes to court then you have evidence to hopefully prove it was completely there fault and they won't be able to counter it... If I play around with the settings I can get it to record on 1080p and if I'm at fault then naturally the SD card would disappear [Wink] Not my fault if you didn't invest in one yourself would be my defence. That and oh the card seems to have been destroyed...

Oh and if someone hits your car in a carpark then hopefully you record it and you can use it to get insurance to chase them up as you'll (hopefully) have their plate, date and time accident occurred and a video of them driving into your car. Figured the peace of mind was worth the $200 the camera cost

[Posted via external email]

4A-GE

Re: 2014 Meet time!

Post by 4A-GE » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:04 pm

jif wrote:At least at the commercial level these are popular too ... we've seen a few videos (at the insurance company office) from truckie-cams of accidents -
I know a truck driver who has a simple push button jobbie in a Scania. Press button, receive recording.

He saw some bloke in a series 2 rx7 doing a fat doey and was tempted to record. :lol:

harlansmart
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by harlansmart » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:05 am

It was a good meet, nice to see some new faces... cheers to C for organising everything & hopefully your run to the meet didn't earn you 'any points'.

chris

Post by chris » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:04 am

Nope! No tickets so far :)
1 X Primera
2 X Silvia
1 X BMW E30
1 X Audi A6
3 X Mazda MX5 (1989, 1990, 1991)

Return to “MX5 Discussion”