Roll bar on trade me

Discussion about MX5s, Roadsters & Miatas, not directly fitting into one of the categories below. Please keep it on topic.

Moderators: LilRay.Sun, Furai, Growler, zorruno, jif

warrior
I only think 5.
I only think 5.

Roll bar on trade me

Post by warrior » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:22 pm

I,m sorry I did this before and it caused a big drama but.....there is someone on trade me selling what they may think is a roll bar on a silver NA but it is not.

It is a style bar.

It is made to look good.

Please whoever it is sell it as a style bar, it wont change the price but it is a very serious safety issue and the buyer (who may not know any better) may think after buying it they have a roll bar that will save there life.

It will not.

Please take this the way it is intened, I am not trying to highjack someones sale but I am trying to stop someone from maybe getting hurt.

Cheers.
warrior

siren676
I have stars, you haven't. Deal with it
I have stars, you haven't.  Deal with it

Post by siren676 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:51 pm

thats harlan on here :lol:
1990 NA6C MX5

2low2c
Need, more, 5-ing, time....

Post by 2low2c » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:56 pm

this topic has been covered before who the hell a you to say some thing is safe or not without even looking at it. buy beware .

MrGrey

Post by MrGrey » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:21 pm

He is allowed to state his opinion, that's the whole point of internet forums. With that being said however, it does appear quite sturdy and would offer a shitload more protection than most common stylebars. Also its worth noting its made of heavy stainless steel so as long as it has been welded properly it would be pretty strong.

To be honest, I am more intrigued with meeting coby the parrot and seeing how many swearwords he knows :wink:

harlansmart
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Re: Roll bar on trade me

Post by harlansmart » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:56 pm

Purely by chance I saw this tonight & excellent because this is my listing so I will poke my own sticky beak in:)

First: warrior knows exactly who I am... exactly - he has his name plastered thru my mx5forum PM's attached to various comm.'s while the account on TM selling the bar is HARLAN.

Second: the listing is very very clear, very clear, repeatedly clear, discussing and pointing out again and again the purpose & construction & intended usage of this item... it even states in the heading of the listing the 2 words that warrior mentions as the crux of the topic, as if they are as important as orgasm & beer namely the 2 words 'style' & 'bar'.

I would wholeheartedly recommend this bar to anyone looking for something like this, compared to 95% of the bars I see its superior, also it would be worth buying it just to meet Coby frankly, who has I have found, superior intelligence to that of some of us.

Here is my account where you will find the listing:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Listin ... er=4054185

And here is the listing body, this is what it says:
'MX5 Miata Eunos Style Bar Twin Hoop Rollbar

Super quality custom made Stainless Steel Roll-bar / Style-bar that fits both the NA and NB MX5 Miata Eunos Roadster - if you have an NB you won't be able to use the stock wind-blocker & it wont work w/a glass soft top as it has proper rear support's w/a load spreader running between.

Not for any type of track use, very beautiful & functional - made by an engineer, in heavy Stainless Steel, incorporated in the design is an integrated cabin brace plus perspex wind deflector - the extra chassis stiffness will be instantly noticeable - constructed from 2" polished Stainless Steel tube it will work perfectly w/both hard & soft tops - cost a packet to get made, the heavy gauge Stainless alone obviously was a fortune - our MX5 has been re-powered & fitted w/a CUSCO 4pt cage.

Its down at the workshop of MX5 guru 2low2c who will fit the bar to your Miata before your very eyes while you talk to Coby his parakeet.

I apologise for the crap pictures, but expect someone who knows the bar & has seen it will want it at this price - thanks for looking,

DVP'

Perhaps, the point worth focusing on, is the first portion of warriors own statement:
I,m sorry I did this before and it caused a big drama but - warrior

----------
warrior wrote:I,m sorry I did this before and it caused a big drama but.....there is someone on trade me selling what they may think is a roll bar on a silver NA but it is not.

It is a style bar.

It is made to look good.

Please whoever it is sell it as a style bar, it wont change the price but it is a very serious safety issue and the buyer (who may not know any better) may think after buying it they have a roll bar that will save there life.

It will not.

Please take this the way it is intened, I am not trying to highjack someones sale but I am trying to stop someone from maybe getting hurt.

Cheers.
:D :D :D
Last edited by harlansmart on Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.

REDBEN
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Re: Roll bar on trade me

Post by REDBEN » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:10 pm

also it would be worth buying it just to meet Coby frankly, who has I have found, superior intelligence to that of some of us.
Il second that!
1991 NA6 Mariner Blue with a twist of BP

MrGrey

Post by MrGrey » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:12 pm

coby sounds awesome... a friend of mine's father is a cop and I took great delight in teaching him via repetition the song "bad boys" by inner circle.

hmmmm
on second thoughts its probably best I not meet coby, I would probably teach him the speed racer theme or something like that......

SkilletKid
I have stars and not afraid to use them
I have stars and not afraid to use them

Post by SkilletKid » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:11 am

MrGrey wrote:coby sounds awesome... a friend of mine's father is a cop and I took great delight in teaching him via repetition the song "bad boys" by inner circle.

hmmmm
on second thoughts its probably best I not meet coby, I would probably teach him the speed racer theme or something like that......
You have convinced me that I need a parrot in my life.
"Yes, you got that, 16 years of [MX5] ownership and you too can become the Obi-wan Kenobi of not giving a s**t." - Moti

2low2c

Post by 2low2c » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:56 am

warrior talking about rollbars and style bars maybe you should look more closely at yourself, in the garage you list your Modification as a rollcage yet the photos are all of a style bar if this is not misleading people i dont know what is .
MrGrey coby does not swear that is my job

sprsta

Post by sprsta » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:38 am

Full roll cage for sale

PM for Pricing

NicF

Post by NicF » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:58 am

On a slightly related topic, has anyone had insurance increased because they put in a roll bar? I queried my insurance provider and they said that premiums would go up because having a roll bar indicates more risky driving. So do insurance companies differentiate between a roll bar and a style bar? Style bars were offered as an option on the new cars, I bet the premiums don't go up because a STYLE bar is fitted.
99 NB MX5
91 NA MX5
92 B2600 offroad
Because RWD is ALWAYS more fun

warrior
I only think 5.
I only think 5.

Post by warrior » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:17 am

Harlen yours is not the bar I am talking about at all. The one I am talking about is on a silver na that is being sold as parts. And if anyone on here thinks that is a roll bar then they have no idea what a roll bar is. I left a question on the persons sale and he has replied and agreed with me. And yes my car on the forum says it has a roll bar when it is a style bar, but I am not selling mine. So just to be 100 percent clear I was not talking about your bar harlan I did not mean to offend you, sorry if I did. Please guys I have not done this to stur things up just to make sure no one gets hurt.
warrior

chris

Post by chris » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:40 am

You know what.

This is the most bull shit thread I have read.

The first time, it was shit, the second time it was dumb, now it's a total piss take.

I don't know how many times I will say this.

You want safety? Get a fucking bar made up.

Don't bitch on peoples auctions. Don't bitch people out because you are almighty in your "supercharged mx5"
1 X Primera
2 X Silvia
1 X BMW E30
1 X Audi A6
3 X Mazda MX5 (1989, 1990, 1991)

MrGrey

Post by MrGrey » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:44 am

NicF

Post by NicF » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:47 am

C'mon Chris, you'll have to try harder than that if you want to get back to -100

I'll give you one for trying though...
99 NB MX5
91 NA MX5
92 B2600 offroad
Because RWD is ALWAYS more fun

chris

Post by chris » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:50 am

NicF wrote:C'mon Chris, you'll have to try harder than that if you want to get back to -100

I'll give you one for trying though...
Thank you bby x0x0
1 X Primera
2 X Silvia
1 X BMW E30
1 X Audi A6

Angreal

Post by Angreal » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:54 am

chris wrote:Don't bitch on peoples auctions. Don't bitch people out because you are almighty in your "supercharged mx5"
Oi what's wrong with my supercharged mx eh? Although I agree with where you're coming from but leave my blower out of it :lol:

chris

Post by chris » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:59 am

Yours is call.

You don't refer to it as a supercharged mx5 in every post ;)
1 X Primera
2 X Silvia
1 X BMW E30
1 X Audi A6

Angreal

Post by Angreal » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:00 am

chris wrote:Yours is call.

You don't refer to it as a supercharged mx5 in every post ;)
Haha no, I call it the Ohlins machine whenever I can :wink:

warrior
I only think 5.
I only think 5.

Post by warrior » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:56 am

ok, once again I have pissed you guys off. I am truly sorry and I wont do it again. :oops:
warrior

MrGrey

Post by MrGrey » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:15 pm

don't sweat it, this is a forum which by definition means:
a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.
if we were all sunshine and buttercups and agreed on everything, then the world would be an insanely boring place. as the old saying goes, "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it". I would rather someone speak their mind than worry about upsetting someone, the world is already far too PC for my liking already.

on an unrelated note, I bought a package of "pam's gummi teddies" and they are the worst tasting gummy bears I have ever eaten.... I am very very disappointed.

Skilfil
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by Skilfil » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:30 pm

Angreal wrote:
chris wrote:Don't bitch on peoples auctions. Don't bitch people out because you are almighty in your "supercharged mx5"
Oi what's wrong with my supercharged mx eh? Although I agree with where you're coming from but leave my blower out of it :lol:
Something about MX5 guys and discussing blowers, its just leaving us open for ridicule :lol:

FYI for all you brave warriors having a screaming match, here is the auction indicated in OP. Clicky me for linky.

Warrior, might pay to link it next time otherwise you'll cause more hilarity on the forum.

marcellarius
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by marcellarius » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:36 pm

*shrug*

it may not meet MSNZ's specs, but I'd wager it probably offers better roll protection than your head, should you end up in a traffic mishap or something.

How effective it is would really depend on how it is mounted, which is hard to discern from the pictures on the auction.

warrior
I only think 5.
I only think 5.

Post by warrior » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:11 pm

Thanks guys. Sorry for causing a stink. It was done with the best of intensions but if it was the wrong think to do then I,m happy to take it on the chin.

As I said it wont happy again.
warrior

chris

Post by chris » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:14 pm

Hey Warrior.

I want to apologize.

I understand that you did have the best of intentions.

I have to say, this topic has become what I'd call a taboo topic. To many different opinions.

I will stick by my word, if you want safety, get one made.
1 X Primera
2 X Silvia
1 X BMW E30
1 X Audi A6

Return to “MX5 Discussion”