SPOTTED

Discussion about MX5s, Roadsters & Miatas, not directly fitting into one of the categories below. Please keep it on topic.

Moderators: LilRay.Sun, Furai, Growler, zorruno, jif

Ashm330
Hey. They are NOT Training wheels.
Hey.  They are NOT Training wheels.

SPOTTED

Post by Ashm330 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:35 am

Unfortunately during winter my turbo MX5 doesn't get out much, so a big thumbs up to everyone that has had theirs out recently.

Any way over the last few weeks, in Riccaton, Christchurch. I have spotted an immaculate NA mx5, brilliant blue, blue hard top, lowered on 15x8s or 15x9s, some aftermarket front bumper and I'm most interested in the subtle intercooler tucked in the front grill. Would love to see what's been to it...

Has anyone else spotted nice MX5s out there?

Snapfrozen
I am quitting my job and going 5-ing
I am quitting my job and going 5-ing

Post by Snapfrozen » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:51 am

Just remember not to post specific locations etc as thieves regularly browse car forums

Stevo
I have stars and not afraid to use them

Post by Stevo » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:50 am

Sorry cant help with that one but while we are on the subject, I often see an NA in bue cruising between Katikati and Tauranga.
The difference with this one is it has headlights fitted out of something else like an S2000 or Z3 or similar along with a nice body kit.
Does anyone know about this car? I havent been able to see it stationary.
(sorry its not my intention to hijack your thread, rather to expand it a bit) :?:
98 NB Evolution Orange

SLYDIT
Keep calm, Forum Moderator here.

Post by SLYDIT » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:10 pm

Stevo wrote:Sorry cant help with that one but while we are on the subject, I often see an NA in bue cruising between Katikati and Tauranga.
The difference with this one is it has headlights fitted out of something else like an S2000 or Z3 or similar along with a nice body kit.
(sorry its not my intention to hijack your thread, rather to expand it a bit) :?:
that guy was/is in the club and built it himself i think from memory it uses mazda 6 lights.
RED '90 TURBO.
SCARING PRIUS DRIVERS SINCE 2002

Ashm330
Hey. They are NOT Training wheels.
Hey.  They are NOT Training wheels.

Post by Ashm330 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:08 pm

[quote="Stevo"]Sorry cant help with that one but while we are on the subject, I often see an NA in bue cruising between Katikati and Tauranga.
(sorry its not my intention to hijack your thread, rather to expand it a bit) :?:[/quote]

Hey that's really cool. Would love to see pics of it and see how it's done.

Hmmmm I have a set of headlights off my Atenza sitting in the garage. WoF? cert? frontal impact requirements? What is the legallity behind changing headlights?

MrGrey
I have stars, you haven't. Deal with it
I have stars, you haven't.  Deal with it

Post by MrGrey » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:11 pm

as long as you can get them to WOF standard than almost anything goes (within reason of course). I use this site as a basic guide:

http://www.nzta.govt.nz/resources/get-y ... .html#main
Fitting requirements (original equipment)

Most motorcycles, cars and trucks are fitted with one or two main beam headlamps as original equipment.
Main beam headlamps must be white or amber in colour.

Fitting requirements (additional equipment)

You may fit additional main beam headlamps (driving lamps) as long as you don’t have more than the maximum allowed for that type of vehicle. All vehicles except motorcycles may have up to four main beam headlamps (motorcycles may have up to two). For example, if your car has two main beam headlamps you may add two more, but if it already has four main beam headlamps you may not fit any more.
Main beam headlamps must be wired so that they automatically switch off when the headlamps are dipped.

and double check with my mechanic (who does my warrants) to make certain. hope that helps :)

Stevo

Post by Stevo » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:10 pm

Ashm330 wrote:
Stevo wrote:Sorry cant help with that one but while we are on the subject, I often see an NA in bue cruising between Katikati and Tauranga.
Hey that's really cool. Would love to see pics of it and see how it's done.
Yeah it is cool. If I ever see it stationary I will stop and take a few photos but its always heading the opposite direction to me when I see it.
98 NB Evolution Orange

SLYDIT

Post by SLYDIT » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:11 pm

anyone know the blue race car in tauranga? has a plate with bob or something on it pretty sure its not the one on tm at the mo
RED '90 TURBO.
SCARING PRIUS DRIVERS SINCE 2002

brooke5
Tentative sideways sliding....
Tentative sideways sliding....

Re: SPOTTED

Post by brooke5 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:48 pm

Ashm330 wrote:Unfortunately during winter my turbo MX5 doesn't get out much, so a big thumbs up to everyone that has had theirs out recently.

Any way over the last few weeks, in Riccaton, Christchurch. I have spotted an immaculate NA mx5, brilliant blue, blue hard top, lowered on 15x8s or 15x9s, some aftermarket front bumper and I'm most interested in the subtle intercooler tucked in the front grill. Would love to see what's been to it...

Has anyone else spotted nice MX5s out there?
I've never seen this blue NA your talking about, sounds cool though. I recognise your car, I think you work with my mate.

There is a white NA around that has been freshly slammed on 15 x 8s, looks crazy! I want to do wheels and rims early next year, but it won't be dragging the chassis like a couple of the Roadsters around town are haha
'89 JDM NA6 - Stock-ish for now
'96 Celica - Because DD

Return to “MX5 Discussion”