Carbon Miata - Rain Rails, anyone else want anything?

Discussion about MX5s, Roadsters & Miatas, not directly fitting into one of the categories below. Please keep it on topic.

Moderators: LilRay.Sun, Furai, Growler, zorruno, jif

Mad Kiwi
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Carbon Miata - Rain Rails, anyone else want anything?

Post by Mad Kiwi » Mon May 13, 2013 4:38 pm

I want to order some rain rails, anyone else want to combine an order in the interests of cutting freight...?

Or is it cheap enough not to worry?

Also, if anyone has them can you say if they work or not...?

Cheers
Mark.

siren676
I have stars, you haven't. Deal with it
I have stars, you haven't.  Deal with it

Post by siren676 » Mon May 13, 2013 5:23 pm

Think MrGrey got some of their rain rails.

I would jump in on a group buy but im broke atm.
Maybe see if he can chuck some stickers in as they didnt have any when i bought my hardtop spoiler.
1990 NA6C MX5

MrGrey

Post by MrGrey » Mon May 13, 2013 5:27 pm

I have a set of CM rain rails and they are pretty much the same as the GV rain rails. I can assure you they do work and are well worth the investment.

The only thing I could suggest, and this is just because I prefer to go over kill, is to not use the 10mm wide 3m tape he provides, and instead use a 25mm wide roll of 3m weather proof tape (costs $6.50) and trim the excess with a razorblade to suit.

I am keen on getting some stuff from CarbonMiata later on (Canards etc) but will wait as he currently has two mazdaspeed side skirts I posted him to make some CarbonMiata prototypes and I will wait until he has had a chance to make something before I make an order.

For just some rain rails I would expect postage around the $40 mark.

I would also recommend looking at the vented headlight covers if you need more airflow in your engine bay, he has a nice design.

GRUVBB
I am quitting my job and going 5-ing

Carbon Miata Rain Rail

Post by GRUVBB » Mon May 13, 2013 5:31 pm

It would appear that my issue is a damaged rain rail for an NA.
Do you know the price for the CM version. I will probably borrow a shed this weekend and remove mine for proper evaluation.
Furher to my carpet lifting and rubber inspections I can now see water coming through between window and metal work but wish to inspect what I have in there before committing to a purchas in case it is something else or extra components required. If you order befor then that's cool.

MrGrey

Post by MrGrey » Mon May 13, 2013 5:35 pm

the rain rails CM make are stuck on the outside of the door onto the hardtop, I am unsure if they would help with your problem :?

GRUVBB

Rain rails

Post by GRUVBB » Mon May 13, 2013 5:41 pm

Ha Ha. Cheers for that. Sometimes a little knowledge worse than no knowledge. Bloody English language with multiple meanings.
I would need a few Bourbons to fit those where I need them. Would not be pretty. Cheers MrGrey. I'll continue back at my leaking cockpit thread.

Mad Kiwi
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by Mad Kiwi » Thu May 16, 2013 4:37 pm

Thanks for the advice guys, a fellow forumite has kindly offered to share with his pending order.

Carbon is tempting but I think i'll stick with fibreglass.

Plain black on my black roof will look more factory than carbon....and i'm old I only like carbon for reducing weight these days....carbon doors etc... :)

You guys and your patch work quilt cars these days....carbon fibre headlight covers...good grief :roll: :D

CordedBowl
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by CordedBowl » Thu May 16, 2013 4:46 pm

Mad Kiwi wrote:You guys and your patch work quilt cars these days....carbon fibre headlight covers...good grief :roll: :D
:D!

MrGrey

Post by MrGrey » Thu May 16, 2013 4:47 pm

my parts are all the carbonmiata fibreglass versions, I simply covered mine in CF car vinyl because I am a poser douchebag =P

The manufacturing quality of the fibreglass parts are good, but they come gloss black and the paint quality isn't amazing. If you want them to look sexy, get a paint match at resene (or who ever does rattlecans to your choice of colour) and get busy with some wet n dry sandpaper.

sure, it will delay the fitting of your new bits by a few days, but in my opinion its worth the effort.

Return to “MX5 Discussion”