Where to rebuild outer CV joints or buy new? 89 NA6

Discussion about MX5s, Roadsters & Miatas, not directly fitting into one of the categories below. Please keep it on topic.

Moderators: LilRay.Sun, Furai, Growler, zorruno, jif

kuroneko
See my 5 and raise you.
See my 5 and raise you.

Where to rebuild outer CV joints or buy new? 89 NA6

Post by kuroneko » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:07 pm

Merry Christmas good folks, hope you all had a good one.

Does anyone know a good place to get replacements for my outer CV joints? or to get my ones rebuilt?

I've asked a few places, and no one has replied me so far. Thought I'd quickly ask on here before I call around.

REDBEN
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Re: Where to rebuild outer CV joints or buy new? 89 NA6

Post by REDBEN » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:35 pm

kuroneko wrote:Merry Christmas good folks, hope you all had a good one.

Does anyone know a good place to get replacements for my outer CV joints? or to get my ones rebuilt?

I've asked a few places, and no one has replied me so far. Thought I'd quickly ask on here before I call around.

Repco Has them, I can give you a part number tomorrow :)

kuroneko
See my 5 and raise you.
See my 5 and raise you.

Post by kuroneko » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:39 pm

That would be most excellent. Thank you :D

Euen
I am quitting my job and going 5-ing
I am quitting my job and going 5-ing

Post by Euen » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:35 pm

ADL can supply them as well. Not sure about the repco kits, but the ADL kits come with grease, replacement circlip, boots and a new hub nut.

Only slight issue is that the hub nut on the ADL kits is 32mm and the original Mazda one is only 29mm.

If you are going to do them yourself you will need a torque wrench that goes up to about 220 lb ft (about 300NM) or greater. The required torque for the rear hub nuts on and NA is 159 - 217lb ft/216-294NM.
TG Sports, classic roadster - modern technology. NA1800, 99 head, 11:1 +2mm Wiseco pistons, Link LEM, Alloy f/wheel, JR headers.

kuroneko
See my 5 and raise you.
See my 5 and raise you.

Post by kuroneko » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:11 pm

Euen wrote:ADL can supply them as well. Not sure about the repco kits, but the ADL kits come with grease, replacement circlip, boots and a new hub nut.

Only slight issue is that the hub nut on the ADL kits is 32mm and the original Mazda one is only 29mm.

If you are going to do them yourself you will need a torque wrench that goes up to about 220 lb ft (about 300NM) or greater. The required torque for the rear hub nuts on and NA is 159 - 217lb ft/216-294NM.
Thanks for the info Euan, there's one near my work.

Return to “MX5 Discussion”