Whats arrived for your Roadster today

Discussion about MX5s, Roadsters & Miatas, not directly fitting into one of the categories below. Please keep it on topic.

Moderators: LilRay.Sun, Furai, Growler, zorruno, jif

Junkwhale
I have stars and not afraid to use them

Post by Junkwhale » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:34 pm

CordedBowl wrote:Those type C's will look perfect on your NB!
Yeah i'm pretty happy with them, looking forward to getting some tyres on them. They're pretty light for a 16x7 at 11lbs (5kg) each vs 13.2lbs (6kg) for the 15"x6" OEM wheels (which aren't exactly heavy themselves).

Timmo
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by Timmo » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:37 am

Junkwhale wrote:
CordedBowl wrote:Those type C's will look perfect on your NB!
Yeah i'm pretty happy with them, looking forward to getting some tyres on them. They're pretty light for a 16x7 at 11lbs (5kg) each vs 13.2lbs (6kg) for the 15"x6" OEM wheels (which aren't exactly heavy themselves).
How many pesos were those if you don't mind me asking?
Ex: 1991 BRG NA6, 1998 White RS, 1997 Wine Merlot M Edition

Junkwhale

Post by Junkwhale » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:37 am

They had a 'buy now' price of 60,000 JPY on auctions.yahoo.jp ($687 NZD according to google's rates atm).

The fees + EMS were expensive, will have to check my account to find out the exact total though. The quote for everything incl shipping, packaging, fees, etc was approx $1100 NZD. Will be interesting to see how close it came to that..

Junkwhale

Post by Junkwhale » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:04 pm

Second box with the other two arrived this morning:

Now just need some tyres. Bridgestone's 4 for the price of 3 is looking like a good option for a set of re002's...

Finally got round to getting some matched paint and some hardware bits for re-fitting my sideskirts too:

Junkwhale

Post by Junkwhale » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:42 pm

Took advantage of Bridgestone's buy 3 get 1 free deal:

Potenza re002's in 205/45/16!

BRM
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by BRM » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:40 am

Very pretty

GRUVBB
I am quitting my job and going 5-ing

Post by GRUVBB » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:20 pm

New speakers for me. Got their last set of 4 inch so its Tough Sh#% for the passenger but also got a set of 6 inch for the doors. $30 for each set.
Attachments
image.jpg

jtsoldier
See my 5 and raise you.
See my 5 and raise you.

Post by jtsoldier » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:53 pm

Junkwhale wrote:Took advantage of Bridgestone's buy 3 get 1 free deal:

Potenza re002's in 205/45/16!
Bastard!

I went in to Bridgestone in Rolleston to get some mounted on my new wheels and they couldn't stock any from town.

UNAVAILABLE!?

You must've taken the last bloody set! :)

Junkwhale

Post by Junkwhale » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:37 pm

jtsoldier wrote:Bastard!

I went in to Bridgestone in Rolleston to get some mounted on my new wheels and they couldn't stock any from town.

UNAVAILABLE!?

You must've taken the last bloody set! :)
Bad luck! There were none left in Christchurch when I went in on Tuesday, these ones had to get sent down from Auckland.

Can't wait to get them on the car, hopefully gonna be a big improvement compared to the 7-year-old economy rubber on there at the moment.

jtsoldier
See my 5 and raise you.
See my 5 and raise you.

Post by jtsoldier » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:01 pm

Junkwhale wrote:Bad luck! There were none left in Christchurch when I went in on Tuesday, these ones had to get sent down from Auckland.
Ah, sorry for the wild accusation there then.

I suspect they'll be a whole lot better than 7 year old ecorubber! Hence why I wanted a set. ;)

Junkwhale

Post by Junkwhale » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:13 am

starting to get a backlog of parts - haven't had time to actually do any work on the car lately! These arrived today:

Rennenmetal powdercoated hardtop brackets:

Lug nuts - I suspect these are probably "Rays" lug-nuts made in china rather than the genuine Rays Engineering items. The quality seems really good though and these ones are steel rather than aluminium so should be strong enough:

Antenna-hole plug - replacing the giant power aerial that grinds it's way up and down every time you turn the ignition with an internal one:

harlansmart
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by harlansmart » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:16 pm

Dude, what'd they cost man, if they're genuine they cost quite a few hundred kiwi dolero's - they do look like fake wheel securements & the fake ones are known to fail/strip ruining your day(car) - your car was built in Japan why put crap on it - those were likely made by 5 yo slave labour in a sweat shop (one of the main reasons I don't like 'fake') - pay the folding for the genuine article, especially for your nuts :wink:
Junkwhale wrote:Lug nuts - I suspect these are probably "Rays" lug-nuts made in china rather than the genuine Rays Engineering items. The quality seems really good though and these ones are steel rather than aluminium so should be strong enough:

Considered race tape, thats what mine uses, that thing looks heavy as hell & terribly un-aerodynamic :lol:
Junkwhale wrote:Antenna-hole plug - replacing the giant power aerial that grinds it's way up and down every time you turn the ignition with an internal one:

Timmo
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by Timmo » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:46 pm

harlansmart wrote:Dude, what'd they cost man, if they're genuine they cost quite a few hundred kiwi dolero's
I can't see any Chinese characters in there...all appears to be in the various Japanese alphabets (Including a price in yen)
Ex: 1991 BRG NA6, 1998 White RS, 1997 Wine Merlot M Edition

Joel
See my 5 and raise you.
See my 5 and raise you.

Post by Joel » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:13 pm

Arrived from Japan, too bad they're the incorrect stud pattern HAAAAA :(

Furai
I have stars, you haven't. Deal with it
I have stars, you haven't.  Deal with it

Post by Furai » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:18 pm

Timmo wrote:
harlansmart wrote:Dude, what'd they cost man, if they're genuine they cost quite a few hundred kiwi dolero's
I can't see any Chinese characters in there...all appears to be in the various Japanese alphabets (Including a price in yen)
Go by this to tell if legit

http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w48 ... tion-1.jpg

GRUVBB

Post by GRUVBB » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:31 pm

BIG THANKS to Broomfish for ordering a set of smokey side reflectors in from the UK..... Took only 1 week from order to receiving as he said it would. Will fit them tomorrow. Another job sorted before Automania rocks around. Cheers Peter. :wink:
Attachments
image.jpg

broomfish

Post by broomfish » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:40 pm

You're most welcome Tim

if anyone is interested in a set, you can get them for $42.07 from my website (as long as you use the MX5FORUM code in the "how did you hear about us" box when creating your account

Crystal Clear Lens / Chrome Rim
http://www.broomfish.co.nz/product_info ... ts_id=1333

Crystal Smoked Lens / Chrome Rim
http://www.broomfish.co.nz/product_info ... ts_id=1657

regards

Peter Lee
Broomfish
www.broomfish.co.nz

Angreal
I have stars, you haven't. Deal with it
I have stars, you haven't.  Deal with it

Post by Angreal » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:00 pm

Sweet I'll get me a set shortly

harlansmart
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by harlansmart » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:47 pm

A ha,

If anyone can buy RAYS nuts for 7500JPN then let me know where, I'll be in big business haha you gotta be joking me like I said they're fake.

Ya get what you pay for you pay peanuts and you get fake nutz & you support sweat shops taking advantage of child labour.

Timmo wrote:

BRM
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by BRM » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:58 pm

harlansmart wrote:A ha,

If anyone can buy RAYS nuts for 7500JPN then let me know where, I'll be in big business haha you gotta be joking me like I said they're fake.

Ya get what you pay for you pay peanuts and you get fake nutz & you support sweat shops taking advantage of child labour.

Timmo wrote:

^^
Dude, you don't need to be such a prick, Harlan.
So what, he brought some nuts that may or may not be genuine / made in japan / china.
Pretty much are the stuff that's out there today is made from china/Taiwan/philipeans.
How would they differ from quality from say... part shop max gear, D1spec, what ever generic stuff that's the market today.

Junkwhale

Post by Junkwhale » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:00 pm

harlansmart wrote:A ha,

Uh, that part they actually got right.... 16x rays black 17hex nuts are 6720 JPY from here: http://www.rayswheels.co.jp/ec/products ... duct_id=56 only catch is you need to be in japan :wink:
Last edited by Junkwhale on Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Junkwhale

Post by Junkwhale » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:08 pm

And just to clarify, I bought them knowing full well that they weren't real. I got them anyway because they were the style I wanted and I couldn't find any like I wanted elsewhere.

They turned out to be really high quality for what I paid. They're made of good steel, have nice threads, and are well finished. I'd be even happier if they skipped the fake rays branding, but it doesn't bother me.

I bought some of these too: http://www.amazon.com/Gorilla-Automotiv ... B001O0AMZS But the fake rays are much nicer. So i'll sell those ones on trademe and keep the "Rays".

Edit: this is where I got the "Rays" nuts - I'd even go as far as recommending them given the price: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/M12-X-1- ... 26616.html

harlansmart
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by harlansmart » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:16 pm

Good on you but to someone who has travelled & seen thats senseless - in any case (knowing human nature) I don't believe you, you paid peanuts, bought fake & supported the scumbags producing the crap.
Junkwhale wrote:I bought them knowing full well that they weren't real ... the fake rays are much nicer.

Certainly I appreciate being called a prick by you, thankfully that doesn't alter nor affect my message, for copying someones designs & even their name yet manufacturing the product from recycled V-cans in a Philippines based sweatshop is still not very imaginative & is something that shouldn't be supported - if you want cheap shit just buy cheap shit not cheap shit pretending to be expensive.

People who think fake is ok should probably go & work for a manufacturer of such items - perhaps you'd like to for 24 mths then report back - pretty certain you're viewpoint would be altered, thats if you're tough enough to survive...

BRM wrote: ^^
Dude, you don't need to be such a prick, Harlan.
So what, he brought some nuts that may or may not be genuine / made in japan / china.
Pretty much are the stuff that's out there today is made from china/Taiwan/philipeans.
How would they differ from quality from say... part shop max gear, D1spec, what ever generic stuff that's the market today.

REDBEN
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by REDBEN » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:59 am

Seriously Harlan pull your head out of your arse! What gives you the right to police what people can and can't buy? People like yourself can take your opinion else where because your the ones who are bringing this forum down.

Don't be-little people for things you may "believe in" or "experiences you have seen thats their choice, not yours.
1991 NA6 Mariner Blue with a twist of BP

NicF
Need, more, 5-ing, time....
Need, more, 5-ing, time....

Post by NicF » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:51 am

Harlan, you're not related to Chris by any chance are you :P
99 NB MX5
91 NA MX5
92 B2600 offroad
Because RWD is ALWAYS more fun

Return to “MX5 Discussion”