ITB's Setup

Discussion about MX5s, Roadsters & Miatas, not directly fitting into one of the categories below. Please keep it on topic.

Moderators: LilRay.Sun, Furai, Growler, zorruno, jif

REDBEN
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

ITB's Setup

Post by REDBEN » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:59 pm

Purchased Toyota Black Top 4AGE Throttle bodies today, adapters and plenum should be here before Christmas fingers crossed!

aidwano
See my 5 and raise you.
See my 5 and raise you.

Post by aidwano » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:25 pm

Good. What ecu? You got motor work or just want some badass induction?

I wish I was ITB, I remember a set of motorcycle Itb's on manifold for $250 on trademe a couple years back, wish I had the cash back then to buy them.

SLYDIT
Keep calm, Forum Moderator here.

Post by SLYDIT » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:42 pm

theres some itb;s on a manifold on trademe at the mo
RED '90 TURBO.
SCARING PRIUS DRIVERS SINCE 2002

Furai
I have stars, you haven't. Deal with it
I have stars, you haven't.  Deal with it

Post by Furai » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:56 pm

Cooooooool

dynofiend
Need, more, 5-ing, time....

Post by dynofiend » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:00 pm

aidwano wrote:Good. What ecu? You got motor work or just want some badass induction?

I wish I was ITB, I remember a set of motorcycle Itb's on manifold for $250 on trademe a couple years back, wish I had the cash back then to buy them.
I made those. My custom Megasquirt that I was going to use to tune them got stolen though so I abandoned the project. In hindsight it was probably a blessing as I probably would've ended up spunking hundreds on getting it running right, for very little gain on an otherwise standard B6.
Attachments
finished2.JPG

Furai

Post by Furai » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:09 pm

Yeah but it would have sounded and looked wicked! :lol:

There has been a couple of guys in the states strapping them on to stock ones and they reckon an extra 20WHP and more torque.

REDBEN
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by REDBEN » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:23 pm

aidwano wrote:Good. What ecu? You got motor work or just want some badass induction?

Yeah Have a blue printed block ready to assemble over christmas, I managed to pick these up for $170 on trademe beats the $350 I was quote by another crowd. I'm planning on running a Link Storm for use with the K20A Honda Coil on plug conversion I'm using along with the turbo.

Snapfrozen
I am quitting my job and going 5-ing
I am quitting my job and going 5-ing

Post by Snapfrozen » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:25 am

PLEASE look at using megasquirt over link. Im not saying do it, but just look at the actual differences (Including cost)

dynofiend

Post by dynofiend » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:09 am

Furai wrote:Yeah but it would have sounded and looked wicked! :lol:

There has been a couple of guys in the states strapping them on to stock ones and they reckon an extra 20WHP and more torque.
I was only really doing it for the noise :lol:

The problem with the B6 is that the head and cams do not respond well to just strapping on ITBs. Nor do they respond well to the usual flowing tricks or changes in lift and duration in the same way as regular engines do. Its very hard to make good power on an NA B6. I would be very surprised and a little sceptical to learn of 20hp gains with nothing else done, especially when ive seen it done, with no gains at all.

Furai

Post by Furai » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:58 pm

dynofiend wrote:

The problem with the B6 is that the head and cams do not respond well to just strapping on ITBs. Nor do they respond well to the usual flowing tricks or changes in lift and duration in the same way as regular engines do. Its very hard to make good power on an NA B6. I would be very surprised and a little sceptical to learn of 20hp gains with nothing else done, especially when ive seen it done, with no gains at all.
I would love to do ITBs with a 1.7 Stroker, But money money money.

I guess it depends on the Kms of the engine, Exhaust, Year, Driveline and previous dynoed figures as to what you would get. You forever see people go "oh what no gain im only making stock power" But they forget about driveline and power loss over time.

It would be optimistic for my B6 to be making 60Kw at the wheels now with 199,000Kms on the clock.

SLYDIT

Post by SLYDIT » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:36 pm

dynofiend wrote:

I agree. There is absolutly no point in trying to make na power from a b6.0the heads just dont flow. You need to use a nb head with the better value angles that it has.
RED '90 TURBO.
SCARING PRIUS DRIVERS SINCE 2002

Return to “MX5 Discussion”