Parts from Mazline for sale

Discussion about MX5s, Roadsters & Miatas, not directly fitting into one of the categories below. Please keep it on topic.

Moderators: LilRay.Sun, Furai, Growler, zorruno, jif

warrior
I only think 5.
I only think 5.

Post by warrior » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:17 pm

Keep on posting the parts please.........my wallet hates me anyway
warrior

authentic
I have stars and not afraid to use them

Post by authentic » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:18 pm

warrior wrote:Keep on posting the parts please.........my wallet hates me anyway
Agreed.

Theres not much activity on this forum compared to others anyway, and its all contained in one thread. Only one or two people here are annoyed with it for some reason, and now its filled this thread up with pointless discussion, which I have just added to :oops:

Bwarp
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by Bwarp » Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:47 pm

Didn't realise there was so many cry babies on this forum.

far out
Toolbox wrote:YOU ARE ONE VERY SICK PUPPY that likes to hide behind a computer. GOODBYE

MX5PWR
Need, more, 5-ing, time....
Need, more, 5-ing, time....

Post by MX5PWR » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:22 pm

I would be interested to know how many of the posts that are on this forum are from financial members of the MX5 club because unless you are fully financial you don't really have the right to comment. This forum is administered by Zorruno in his own time and is for club members. If you haven't already done so, join the club so that we can all benefit.

Sent from my iPad

On Aug 12, 2012, at 6:47 PM, "Bwarp" <mx5talk@mx5forum.co.nz> wrote:

far out

------------------------
http://www.bwarp.net.nz - grassroots automotive culture

[Posted via external email]

Furai
I have stars, you haven't. Deal with it
I have stars, you haven't.  Deal with it

Re: Parts from Mazline for sale

Post by Furai » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:56 pm

MX5PWR wrote:I would be interested to know how many of the posts that are on this forum are from financial members of the MX5 club because unless you are fully financial you don't really have the right to comment. This forum is administered by Howard in his own time and is for club members. If you haven't already done so, join the club so that we can all benefit.

Sent from my iPad

On Aug 12, 2012, at 6:47 PM, "Bwarp" <mx5talk@mx5forum.co.nz> wrote:

far out

------------------------
http://www.bwarp.net.nz - grassroots automotive culture

So a forum that is free to join and has admins who ask for everyone's opinion on the issue, non-club members should not be listened to? Because some of us(Seems to be a majority of the frequent users) dont pay for a club that is only linked here by some of the members being part of the club?

I dont want to be unpleasant but all opinions were asked and I dont see how that makes any difference in a discussion of trying to improve the forum whether you are a financial member or not.

Further more I hope that you realise your comment has an effect on the clubs reputation as well. The forum has never been more active and I believe that anyone who is contributing should have a say, club member or not.

authentic

Post by authentic » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:59 pm

MX5PWR wrote:I would be interested to know how many of the posts that are on this forum are from financial members of the MX5 club because unless you are fully financial you don't really have the right to comment. This forum is administered by Zorruno in his own time and is for club members. If you haven't already done so, join the club so that we can all benefit.

Sent from my iPad
So you're saying that unless I pay to join a separate site/club, I don't have the right to post on this forum?

Furai
I have stars, you haven't. Deal with it
I have stars, you haven't.  Deal with it

Post by Furai » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:05 pm

authentic wrote:
MX5PWR wrote:I would be interested to know how many of the posts that are on this forum are from financial members of the MX5 club because unless you are fully financial you don't really have the right to comment. This forum is administered by Howard in his own time and is for club members. If you haven't already done so, join the club so that we can all benefit.

Sent from my iPad
So you're saying that unless I pay to join a separate site/club, I don't have the right to post on this forum?
Wo wo wo, you posted just then? How is this happening? :lol:

authentic

Post by authentic » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:11 pm

Furai wrote:Wo wo wo, you posted just then? How is this happening? :lol:
Haha, it must be a case of the MX-5 hivemind..

Bwarp
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by Bwarp » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:25 pm

MX5PWR wrote:
Bwarp wrote:Didn't realise there was so many cry babies on this forum.

far out

I would be interested to know how many of the posts that are on this forum are from financial members of the MX5 club because unless you are fully financial you don't really have the right to comment. This forum is administered by Howard in his own time and is for club members. If you haven't already done so, join the club so that we can all benefit.

Sent from my iPad
Proving my point even further.... Cry babies keep coming out of the woodwork.

If I wanted to pay to join an MX5 club I'd go join the bunch of very active members over at http://www.mx5club.org.nz/. However, they are all significantly older than me and don't really hold the same values in the car as I do.

I haven't been sent an invoice, or anything that tells me my opinion doesn't count until I've paid my subs to this forum.... and if 'financial members' are just going to have a cry when Brownie/Mazline wants to help out this small community, then maybe it's not a community a lot of us want to be a part of.

IF YOU DONT LIKE THIS THREAD DONT LOOK IT AT, BUT DONT COMPLAIN WHEN YOU DONT GET THE OPPORTUNITY TO BUY ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT HE LISTS! As he's already explained, it's easier for him to run and update this thread than it is to keep track of a million different difficult to set up classified adverts on the forum.

Also - Learn to quote.

[/RANT]
Toolbox wrote:YOU ARE ONE VERY SICK PUPPY that likes to hide behind a computer. GOODBYE

Donovan
I only think 5.
I only think 5.

Post by Donovan » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:55 pm

I'm sorry, but when I joined this forum there was no mention of the fact that you should be a fully paid up member to be a part of this community. If that is in fact the case, then this forum should be part of the official MX5 club website, not as an entity in itself, and login credentials given at the time of paying your membership.

As you have stated, Howard gives HIS time and resources for this forum, and I imagine there is no financial benefit or payment from behalf of the MX5 club towards him to keep it running. If I am wrong on that part, then please feel free to correct me and I will gladly pay the membership of the club if it is of benefit to keep this forum going. If I am correct on the above statement then I can't see how it is any business of a member from the club to come in and post such a arrogant comment thinking that he has the right to say something on behalf of not only the club, but the person who owns the domain name and the server that the site sits on. I can't see any official link on the clubs website linking back to this one that says it is for MX5 club members only, in fact below is the description of the link (which took a bit of finding)

"MX5 Forum

Discuss MX5's with other enthusiasts on the web or by email

Show off your MX5 in your personal garage"

Are all the moderators, who help on with the site, paid up members?

As part of my project I have been pretty active on this site, and at times have seen some post from the younger members of our community (Yes, I am one of those old farts that should most likely belong to the MX5 Club) that made me roll my eyes, or that I have disagreed with, but as the saying goes, if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all (unless of course you are in a position to get away with it), but your comment just pissed me right off too much to bit my tongue on it.

So to answer your question, no, I am not a paid up member, yes I have a opinion/comment and I have made it. As for the part I said before about joining the MX5 club if it is benefit to Howard, bugger it, would rather just give the money directly to Howard to keep the site running

There, I have said my bit, I will get off my soap box, say my apologies to Brownie for the post hijacking his thread (sorry mate, keep up the good work with the parts) and be on my merry way.

simple
Why yes, actually I do run this site.

Post by simple » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:21 pm

Please, everybody remember to play nice - be constructive, and remember that this thread was sanctioned by the site owner, in advance of it being created.

Note forum ownership information on this page: http://www.mx5forum.co.nz/viewtopic.php?t=67
Forum Ownership
This forum is privately owned and not associated with, or in any way or specifically endorsed by the Mazda MX5 Club of New Zealand, Mazda New Zealand, or other MX5 related Organisation. The Forum Team also does not necessarily endorse any sponsor, service, or product that may be listed or advertised on this site.
As far as I am concerned, you are paying for this forum by posting helpful replies when people ask questions. Even if you don't have technical skills to contribute, participating in this community in a friendly fashion helps make the world a better place.

For the people who say "don't read this thread if you're not interested", I agree that this applies to people reading the forum on the website. It is not so clearcut for people (such as myself) receiving posts via email. This thread is a significant proportion of the mx5 email I have been receiving, and I'd quite like to see it moved to a separate category. Maybe this will happen, later, but for now this thread is a trial. Please be patient.

(Also, please don't offer me technical solutions for filtering these emails at the client end - I am well aware of my options in this regard - I manage the server that this forum runs on. Constructive suggestions for managing the sales thread on the forum are appreciated.)

jif

Post by jif » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:32 pm

chill out everyone :] ... the forum is not affiliated to the club.

rant all you like, just keep it civil. </admin>

zorruno
Black is the new black.
Black is the new black.

Post by zorruno » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:02 am

Hi all, I think I have enough info to come up with a solution that will hopefully suit the majority. Thanks for your lively discussions on this matter that ended with no one getting stabbed and not one appearance of a bunny.

See the announcement here:
viewtopic.php?t=10252

Note also:
1. I'm locking this thread now, there is not a lot more to discuss at this stage. I will open a new topic on the suggestions forum and people can give their thoughts about the new method for classifieds there.
2. Based on the new system, can people go back to putting things in the classifieds section please. Discuss all you like after that when the ad appears.
3. I'm not sure where a couple of people got the idea that this site was somehow part of the NZ MX5 Club? I am an advocate of the club and definitely think people should stump up the cash and join, but this here forum has nothing at all to do with it.

cheers
(z)

zorruno
Black is the new black.
Black is the new black.

Post by zorruno » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:03 am

Also, thanks fellow mods and admins for stepping in with good comments and user wrangling :)
(z)

Return to “MX5 Discussion”