my 2 cents worth

Archives of Posts to the NZ MX5 List back in 2003
Milford Autoelectrical

my 2 cents worth

Post by Milford Autoelectrical » Tue May 20, 2003 9:24 pm

Its a shame that people who choose to invest hudge amounts of time and money modifying their vehicle properly and safely, and who dont go out doing burnouts all over the streets, get thrown into the catogory of a 'boy racer'.

Lets face it, all these rules are trying to do is get rid of the dropkicks who do burnouts and cause havoc, throw bottles etc infront of your house at 2am on Saturday morning, so i say, why not come down harder on these wankers and leave the others who dont cause shit alone.
OR even better give these guys who after spending thousands on their cars a place where they can go and cane them around, sweet, everyones happy, BUT, can you see OSH letting this happen?? I think not.
Question. What would you rather have an accident in, 1. A vehicle with a standard poxy plank seat with a 3 point 2" seatbelt, or, 2. A vehicle with a fibreglass race seat with no sideways movement and strapped in with a 4 or 5 point 3" racing harness?
But they are illigal on the street without a race licence and a race certified car. Its pretty easy to see which one is safer.

And to all of you who are dissing the police; think about who you are going to call next time you really need help...they are just doing thair job, carying out orders.

Steve
The New Yahoo! Search - Faster. Easier. Bingo.

Milford Autoelectrical

my 2 cents worth

Post by Milford Autoelectrical » Tue May 20, 2003 10:27 pm

Its a shame that people who choose to invest hudge amounts of time and money modifying their vehicle properly and safely, and who dont go out doing burnouts all over the streets, get thrown into the catogory of a 'boy racer'.

Lets face it, all these rules are trying to do is get rid of the dropkicks who do burnouts and cause havoc, throw bottles etc infront of your house at 2am on Saturday morning, so i say, why not come down harder on these druffs and leave the others who dont cause trouble alone.
OR even better give these guys who after spending thousands on their cars a place where they can go and cane them around, sweet, everyones happy, BUT, can you see OSH letting this happen?? I think not.
Question. What would you rather have an accident in, 1. A vehicle with a standard poxy plank seat with a 3 point 2" seatbelt, or, 2. A vehicle with a fibreglass race seat with no sideways movement and strapped in with a 4 or 5 point 3" racing harness?
But they are illigal on the street without a race licence and a race certified car. Its pretty easy to see which one is safer.

And to all of you who are dissing the police; think about who you are going to call next time you really need help...they are just doing thair job, carying out orders.

Steve
The New Yahoo! Search - Faster. Easier. Bingo.

Return to “2003”