Get a microwave alarm for Mt Eden plus some other tips...

Discussions about MX5 Alarms, Car Stereos, Lighting, Batteries or other Electrical related issues

Moderators: Growler, jif, SLYDIT, brownie

poison
Keep calm, Forum Moderator here.
Keep calm, Forum Moderator here.

Post by poison » Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:11 pm

Last weekend I parked at the top of Mt Eden for a look see, then came back to my car find two Chinese girls (tourists) sitting in it getting their photo taken. Fortunately I know enough obscene Chinese to make them get out and understand I was not happy. My doors had been locked so they just climbed all over the seats, thank God they didn’t have high heals. From their attitude they were clearly wealthy and couldn’t care less about what they were doing except for the fact they thought I was about to kill them (Interesting how they could read my mind like that), anyway I could go on for hours as I’m still Pi$$ed off about the whole deal.

So during the week I added a microwave sensor to my alarm, I had tried one before but had problems setting it up (….in my garage… doh) so I found an empty car and after 20 or so mins got the perimeter warning zone and the interior alarm zone all set. It’s great, if someone gets within 300mm of the car it gives a warning squeal (I have 3 sirens so it’s a very loud one) and if you even reach inside the cabin area it goes off full noise. A worthy investment if going to Mt Eden.

I have also added pin switches to the glove box and console, not too hard just time consuming. And on Howard’s advice I also disconnected the boot release as it is far too easy to force the console lid open. So at least any boot contents are fairly secure. A good tip for all.
:twisted: Gazda in the white HOT Mazda :twisted:

MX5PWR
Need, more, 5-ing, time....
Need, more, 5-ing, time....

Post by MX5PWR » Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:36 pm

Several years ago when I was using my MX5 as my daily drive car in Hamilton, I always had it parked outside my window at work where I could see it. One day, along came two Asian girls who proceeded to drape themselves in it, around it etc taking photos. I just watched them for awhile and then held down the panic button on the alarm remote and set off the alarm, I wouldn’t mind betting that they are still running and I still get a laugh out of it when I picture the look on their faces.
Oops sorry meant to be the season of good cheer!!!!! – Don’t mess with my car Girls.

MX5PWR

Return to “MX5 Electrical, Audio, Alarms & Electronics”