Rear Demister wiring

Discussions about MX5 Alarms, Car Stereos, Lighting, Batteries or other Electrical related issues

Moderators: Growler, jif, SLYDIT, brownie

pdyer
Hey. They are NOT Training wheels.
Hey.  They are NOT Training wheels.

Rear Demister wiring

Post by pdyer » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:47 pm

I recently bought a new rear demister switch from Mazda and find that it delivers current to the two top prongs of the rear demister plug while the demister uses one top and the bottom prong. Has anyone met this problem before? Do I simply switch wires around or what? Obviously I have my hard top on at present being winter.

dino3
Hey. They are NOT Training wheels.
Hey.  They are NOT Training wheels.

Rear Demister wiring

Post by dino3 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:18 pm

Hi ,For those not too pickie (cheap) folks out there ,if you want switches for your MX5 (NA left side of the steering wheel) the ones from a Familia-323 BG Mazda (same era '89..) fit right in and theres heaps at the wreakers,but (there is always a catch) the pictures are at 90 degrees for an MX5. Spot lite and dash dimmer work fine ,not sure about the demister,working on that. cheers Dean
----- Original Message -----
To: electrical@mx5forum.co.nz (electrical@mx5forum.co.nz)
Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2007 1:47 PM
Subject: [MX5Elect] Rear Demister wiring

I recently bought a new rear demister switch from Mazda and find that it delivers current to the two top prongs of the rear demister plug while the demister uses one top and the bottom prong. Has anyone met this problem before? Do I simply switch wires around or what? Obviously I have my hard top on at present being winter.

Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.5.476 / Virus Database: 269.10.2/894 - Release Date: 10/07/2007 5:44 p.m.
[Posted via external email]

Return to “MX5 Electrical, Audio, Alarms & Electronics”