Head Lights

Discussions about MX5 Alarms, Car Stereos, Lighting, Batteries or other Electrical related issues

Moderators: Growler, jif, SLYDIT, brownie

PLSEME
See my 5 and raise you.
See my 5 and raise you.

Head Lights

Post by PLSEME » Wed May 02, 2007 10:18 pm

Hey all
8) lovin my little 5 but would love to do something with the headlights, any suggestions on a non-popup alternitive ? :shock:
Scientists now foresee the future will be much more futuristic than they first forswore

Miatamad
Keep calm, Forum Moderator here.

Post by Miatamad » Thu May 03, 2007 9:09 am

I found the attached a while back. My neighbour is off to italy in a ciuple of weeks and is looking at pricing for me. I think that they are the nicest I have ever seen (swoon).

I wonder if I got some if I could make molds?????
Attachments
automoderna.JPG
Like my post? Give me Karma!
Boosted. Scary fast.

Shermio
Need, more, 5-ing, time....
Need, more, 5-ing, time....

Post by Shermio » Thu May 03, 2007 12:43 pm

They do look nice but have heard that the light output is affected by the lights hitting the front of the nose and not on the road... I have seen someone in the US forums transplant the RX7 lights to the front of the bumpers that will involve more work but it does look good :D
2002 Titanium Grey SE #8 of 15
Now With More Lights Than The Las Vagas Main Strip!

Miatamad

Post by Miatamad » Thu May 03, 2007 2:52 pm

The lights that hit the nose are generally the 'flush' conversions that do not raise above the traditional lines of the bonnet (thus the bulb is way back and way low) - I think that the ones in the pic 'should' be ok because they are mounted higher and forward more.
Like my post? Give me Karma!
Boosted. Scary fast.

zorruno
Black is the new black.
Black is the new black.

Post by zorruno » Thu May 03, 2007 3:16 pm

Miatamad wrote:I found the attached a while back.
By the way - thanks Miatamad for being first to demo the new attachment feature...

For those who haven't had time to read all the new feature info and get their forum info by email, be aware that you can set up how you receive attachments via the "My Email Lists" tab.

You can choose to get attachments that are posted as either full sized attachments, thumbnails (if available) or just links to the attachments on the web site.

cheers
(z)

PLSEME
See my 5 and raise you.
See my 5 and raise you.

Head lights

Post by PLSEME » Thu May 03, 2007 9:37 pm

:P
Thanx Miatamad
Wow Thos things look great , If you do get some please let me know I would be very interested.
Scientists now foresee the future will be much more futuristic than they first forswore

Return to “MX5 Electrical, Audio, Alarms & Electronics”