seat speakers

Discussions about MX5 Alarms, Car Stereos, Lighting, Batteries or other Electrical related issues

Moderators: Growler, jif, SLYDIT, brownie

fatwilly
Hey. They are NOT Training wheels.
Hey.  They are NOT Training wheels.

seat speakers

Post by fatwilly » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:47 pm

:roll: Hi everyone,just joined and just bought 1992 mx5 for wifie..speakers in seats all vibrat n crackle,when the base comes on other wise clear,just fitted new stereo still does it,does this tell me to replace...speakers in doors don't work??could this be part of problem...not much knowledge in radio's..
1992,mx5 1.6 British racing green...only 103k on clock, imac,absolutely beautifull

tomtikki
I have stars and not afraid to use them
I have stars and not afraid to use them

Re: seat speakers

Post by tomtikki » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:15 pm

fatwilly wrote::roll: Hi everyone,just joined and just bought 1992 mx5 for wifie..speakers in seats all vibrat n crackle,when the base comes on other wise clear,just fitted new stereo still does it,does this tell me to replace...speakers in doors don't work??could this be part of problem...not much knowledge in radio's..
So the speakers in the doors don't work and the speakers in the seats crackle?
Have I read that right?
If I have, then I would hazard a guess that too much juice is going to your wee seat speakers without door units...
It's easy to pop off the door cards to check your door speakers are getting power / working. Once you get em going, then push the fader forward a couple of notches so the little seat speakers don't struggle!
There should be a zip at the top of your seat to access the speakers if you want to visually check those ones.
:wink:
I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

4A-GE
I am quitting my job and going 5-ing

Post by 4A-GE » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:35 pm

My seat speakers are fucked. Going to jaycar in the near future for replacements.

MrGrey
I have stars, you haven't. Deal with it
I have stars, you haven't.  Deal with it

Post by MrGrey » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:05 am

It is common for the OEM speakers to dry out and deteriorate with age so I'll just leave this link here.....
http://www.mazda-madness.co.uk/2010/11/ ... -speakers/

You can use 4" round speakers if you don't mind chopping some foam out with a craft knife. Mine look very similar to this:

as tomtikki mentioned previously, I would unscrew the door speakers and check to see they are plugged in correctly and getting power (and are in reasonable working order) in order to diagnose the fault with them.

4A-GE

Post by 4A-GE » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:52 am

10/10 Mr Grey, I'm going to try get my hands on some of those now.

Return to “MX5 Electrical, Audio, Alarms & Electronics”