NC tyres

Discussions relating to MX5 Tyre choice, Wheels, Brakes Suspension components and other items to keep you going around corners, stuck to the ground or stopping on a dime.

Moderators: Growler, jif, Born_disturbed, punkoutnz

newspeaper
Hey. They are NOT Training wheels.
Hey.  They are NOT Training wheels.

NC tyres

Post by newspeaper » Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:34 pm

Hello. First post. Bought a 2007 NC with 110kms, 3 weeks ago. So far loving the car. Have enjoyed the few sunny days in Auckland, with the soft top down.

Main concern is the tyres: the previous owner has put Goodride tyres, which have slipped while going around corners on rainy days(2nd gear) and I am not too sure if the tyres are 100% to blame(this is my first sports car). Also noted that these are 205/40/R17 and different from the stock 205/45/R17?

The tyres are relatively new, so I am not sure if I should spend ~$800(PS4, RE003). Is there a place which will buy the Goodrides back if I buy new from them?

Also any recommendations on garages in Auckland?

Thanks

Keith Jones
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Re: NC tyres

Post by Keith Jones » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:33 pm

Sorry, can't help you with suggestions for places that would buy your Goodrides back, but I may be able to help with a recommendation on a garage for servicing. The MX5 Club of NZ keeps a list of recommended garages for Aucklanders. What part of Auckland do you live in/would you get your car serviced?

Return to “MX5 Suspension, Wheels, Tyres & Brakes etc”