Flying Miata Turbo project

Discussions relating to Turbochargers, Superchargers, Induction, Engine Mods, Exhaust Mods, and other items specifically to make your MX5 or Roadster put out more power.

Moderators: Growler, jif, SLYDIT, Born_disturbed

ccsfd
Tentative sideways sliding....

Post by ccsfd » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:03 pm

Happy with the results, cars is running great for a few months now. Went to a couple dyno tuners but they just tell me megasquirt is crap blah blah and i should buy a Link for $2000+wiring+tuning. Bought the Tunerstudio and a MTX-l wideband and tuned the MS2E and car drives and starts great even in very cold mornings, MS2E cost me $700 fully built up plug n play unit, even idles with my a/c nicely. For me its great value ECU for a turbo MX, Boost= no traction 1st and 2nd gear in the dry, in the wet its quite a handful wheelspins till 3rd gear,boosting 12-14psi. GT2560R is very responsive for a 1.8 with a 3" exh, boost comes on so quickly making the car feels like my old FD RX7. The Autoclutch modified pressure plate with an Exedy disc seem to be handling the abuse quite well. No dyno yet but would be interesting to see what it puts out. FD performance for less money, more economical and much more reliable
Last edited by ccsfd on Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

authentic
I have stars and not afraid to use them
I have stars and not afraid to use them

Post by authentic » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:09 pm

May I ask roughly how much you have spent in total?

ccsfd

Post by ccsfd » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:12 pm

about 6k, wanted a good kit that bolts up quickly without headaches and fabrication. probably half that if i used some ebay parts, used S15 turbo or chinese turbo etc sourced locally. shipping the kit was quite expensive

SLYDIT
Keep calm, Forum Moderator here.
Keep calm, Forum Moderator here.

Post by SLYDIT » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:41 pm

"megasquirts are crap"
Translated means..." i have no idea how to tune it and i struggle with an ECU with more than 6x6 tuning points"

hell even my tuner had no idea how to tune my emanage but he just said so and we just tuned using his knowledge of the dyno and tuning and my knowledge of the ECU. had it mapped in 2 hours.
RED '90 TURBO.
SCARING PRIUS DRIVERS SINCE 2002

Return to “MX5 Power & Power Mods”