NA fuel pump help

Discussions relating to Turbochargers, Superchargers, Induction, Engine Mods, Exhaust Mods, and other items specifically to make your MX5 or Roadster put out more power.

Moderators: Growler, jif, SLYDIT, Born_disturbed

warrior
I only think 5.
I only think 5.

NA fuel pump help

Post by warrior » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:37 pm

Hi guys, as part of my supercharger install I ordered a Walbro 190lph fuel pump(from TRACKDOG) for my 1991 1.6 NA. The problem is it does not fit my fuel assembly.
It is appox 10mm longer than the oem one and with the bracket system I have there is no way of fitting it I can see. I have E mailed TRACKDOG but have had no reply yet.
I have looked on line and from what I can see I need a mk2 assembly as the fuel line that feeds the pump on them is rubber and can be shortened or the pump pushed further in to fit. My assembly is a metal line with a flange at the end that cant be shortened.'

So heres what I need.

Does any one have a mk2 assembly I can buy/borrow or swap for mine? Does anyone know if I am doing something wrong with mine (but I cant see anyway it will fit)

Please guys I need some help with this as while I was taking the old fuel pump out I craked the outlet pipe so now the car is sitting going nowhere :evil:

Any help would be great
warrior

warrior
I only think 5.
I only think 5.

Post by warrior » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:05 pm

sorted......I cut off the flange and there was JUST enough room to fit the hose and attach it to the new pump.
:D :D :D
warrior

Return to “MX5 Power & Power Mods”