Greddy Turbo Kit - For Sale

Discussions relating to Turbochargers, Superchargers, Induction, Engine Mods, Exhaust Mods, and other items specifically to make your MX5 or Roadster put out more power.

Moderators: Growler, jif, SLYDIT, Born_disturbed

mx5mike
Need, more, 5-ing, time....

Post by mx5mike » Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:21 pm

While cleaning out the garage today I came across a Greddy turbo kit I bought second hand 7 years ago. It's for a 1.6 NA MX-5 / Miata

I never got round to fitting it and then went overseas for 4 years and came back with a FMII :) The Greddy kit has been packed in a box ever since I bought it.

The kit is almost complete and includes the TD04 Turbo, fuel pressure regulator, gaskets, 1 x U bend with hose and clamps, 1 metre of new oil return hose and a few other bits. Also has the install instructions.

I picked up an exhaust manifold for it 1999 while in the USA. I lugged that bloody thing half way around the world!!

It's missing various nuts and bolts, down pipe, intake filter and whatever connects to the intake (unless it uses the stock one). It wouldn't be tough to complete and install. It's also got a boost controller that wasn't part of the original kit but was a popular upgrade.

The turbo kit came from an Asian guy in Palmerston North and he said it had done 10,000 km before he got the upgrade bug. I can't remember his name but he was an active club member for a while and spent a fortune on upgrades based on the posts he made.

If anyone on the forum wants a winter project, you can have the whole lot for $500.

You are welcome to come and view. I'm in Greenhithe on Auckland's North Shore.

Cheers
Mike.

poison
Keep calm, Forum Moderator here.

Post by poison » Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:28 pm

Jeez Mike that's a serious giveaway, you should be asking about a grand for that s/h. For all those that miss out, I'll be selling mine too soon.... but for a grand.... sorry.

Gazza

[Posted via External Email]
:twisted: Gazda in the white HOT Mazda :twisted:

MatBat
See my 5 and raise you.
See my 5 and raise you.

Post by MatBat » Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:06 pm

Very interested in this,

I've sent you a PM, what sort of performance increase could this be expected to give? Is it a specified upgrade or a homemade kit?
Greddy turbo, Koni adjustables, Aerotech, LSD, 15" Volks with Toyo T1R's, Lightened body, Bonnet Vents........

jif
Why yes, actually I do run this site.
Why yes, actually I do run this site.

Post by jif » Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:59 pm

the Greddy kit uses the stock plastic intake - to keep costs down no doubt. Think it's ~US$1200 new at the moment, so this is a good deal for someone :)

Miatamad

Post by Miatamad » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:28 am

MatBat - in regard to the power output of the turbo - The standard Greddy kit runs at 4 - 5 PSI and adds about 40 more RWHP (The stock MX5 is about 90 - 100). You also get a noticable increase in torque.

Is it specified as homemade or a upgrade - Its not a Mazda approved upgrade, and you will be having items like the downpipe made up for you - so yep - I'd call it homemade. This is not a bad thing - there are a LOT of Greddy based guys out there and a ton of information. Should you decide to go with the kit I can assure you that you will be able to find everything you need either via forum members here, miata.net or miataturbo.net (The latter specifically been greddy turbo'ed 5's). There is a long and proven upgrade path for the greddy and you can get them up over 200rwhp (umm... thats not slow) - but you will be adding items like injectors, intercooler, and an ECU.

Seriously - as a low cost entry into being forced fed you cannot beat Mikes offer. I see that this comes with a manifold (What one Mike?) - I paid about the same as this kit just for the Manifold (yikes!).

There is a awesome page that list what the kit will do for you and what needs to be done to upgrade it as you want - see http://www.greddyturbofaqs.com/staticpa ... hp/mainfaq

biff
I have stars and not afraid to use them
I have stars and not afraid to use them

Post by biff » Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:41 pm

Hi Mike,
I'll take it if its still for sale.
Biff

Red MX NA
ZOOM1N

SLYDIT

Post by SLYDIT » Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:09 pm

hI MIKE
can you call me 027 2772727 as i know someone who will but it NOW....
CHEERS
RED '90 TURBO.
SCARING PRIUS DRIVERS SINCE 2002

mx5mike

Post by mx5mike » Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:34 pm

Hi all.

Biff got in first.  If for any reason it doesn't go through, I'll give SLYDIT a call.

Cheers
Mike

021 349 514

Fletch
Yes. I might just know (Trusted Advisor)
Yes. I might just know (Trusted Advisor)

Post by Fletch » Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:10 pm

I'll bet it was Steve Hung you bought it from...

I've got his JR header and exhaust from before he had the turbo, and also he's who I got the Hawk Blue race-pads from.

He moved back out of NZ quite some years ago, but he gave me a ride in his car here in Auckland after he'd fitted an AVO turbo (from Aussie) running 14 or 15 lb boost... wow, that thing was fast!

Fletch.
Red '90. Many n/a mods and Link ECU

MN

Post by MN » Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:27 pm

Is there any throttle lag with this set up?
cheers,

Mark

Return to “MX5 Power & Power Mods”