Clutch Judders

Discussions relating to Turbochargers, Superchargers, Induction, Engine Mods, Exhaust Mods, and other items specifically to make your MX5 or Roadster put out more power.

Moderators: Growler, jif, SLYDIT, Born_disturbed

skams
See my 5 and raise you.
See my 5 and raise you.

Clutch Judders

Post by skams » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:33 pm

I got a 2002 NB which I bought in 2007. It developed an intermittent judder soon after I got it. As I didn't drive it much (done 30K since owning it) I kinda ignored it until this week when I took it into the shop to get a new Clutch kit fitted. I remember reading a SB on the Miata net about faulty clutch plate material on 2002 models. When I picked it up, they showed me the old bits which looked pretty good really, but was astounded when they told me that the GB input shaft spigot bearing fell out in their hands when they removed the clutch cover and plate from the flywheel. Can't help feel this is the cause of the judder but can't imagine how the bearing could withdraw enough from its housing to cause the judder while everything was still assembled. Anyway, all's well that ends well, the clutch is now nice and smooth on take-up and the pedal is the lightest it's ever been.
skams

Return to “MX5 Power & Power Mods”