1989 Drift MX-5

Discussions relating to Turbochargers, Superchargers, Induction, Engine Mods, Exhaust Mods, and other items specifically to make your MX5 or Roadster put out more power.

Moderators: Growler, jif, SLYDIT, Born_disturbed

teef
Hey. They are NOT Training wheels.
Hey.  They are NOT Training wheels.

1989 Drift MX-5

Post by teef » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:37 pm

Hi there, I recently purchased an 1989 MX-5 Eunos and plan on doing some work on it.
I wish to to put a 13BT in it and was wondering if anybody currently frequenting this forum has done the conversion and has the plans for doing it. I understand that I will have to make a custom sub-frame and was particularly interested in whether anybody has the force diagrams or any other plans for doing this.

Angreal
I have stars, you haven't. Deal with it
I have stars, you haven't.  Deal with it

Post by Angreal » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:59 pm

Just no. You should put a C32B in it and tell me what I need to be wary of :-P

In all seriousness, there's a few articles on the internet so just look them up. I hope you're in it for the long haul because it's a big commitment... Also there are a couple in nz so it has been done. By long haul I really mean it's a big commitment... Do it once, do it right

BRM
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by BRM » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:10 pm

google.

Donovan
I only think 5.
I only think 5.

Post by Donovan » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:07 am

Talk to Dr Don at Autoway's in Hamilton, he has done the conversion, think he still has the car, I know he was looking it at selling it at one stage, but don't think he really wanted to part with it.

13r
Tentative sideways sliding....
Tentative sideways sliding....

Post by 13r » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:47 pm

Don't need to make a new subframe. Just need to 'scollop' it a little and chop up the sump a little other wise it all fits fairly well. once you make the trans tunnel bigger that is... :lol:

Have a google, there's a fair bit of info around, but not a lot of complete write ups. So like the others have said, you'll need to be in it for the long haul as there's a lot of shit you'll have to work out for yourself.

Edit - wow, sorry for bumping an old post... Need to check the dates before posting

Return to “MX5 Power & Power Mods”