Bike Enthusiasts Poker Run May 24

Talk about stuff not related directly to MX5s. Feel free to discuss what you like, as long as you keep within the forum rules.

Moderators: LilRay.Sun, Growler, jif, r3spct

GRUVBB
I am quitting my job and going 5-ing

Bike Enthusiasts Poker Run May 24

Post by GRUVBB » Mon May 12, 2014 7:15 pm

I ride with a motorcycle club called Iron Thunder. NO!!! They are not a gang. You have to have a real job and not do drugs or crime to belong. In their 15 years of existance not one person has been arrested. They are having their first Poker Run on May 24 saturday. Starts from 1981 Bar in Manukau. Its the old BRONCOS Bar. If anyone is keen to come along feel free. All types of bike welcome. Proceeds go equally to Westpac Chopper and Ak Spinal Unit. Both services that bike riders may need at some stage or know someone who will. I enclose the poster. If you cant read it and are interested PM me woth your email address and I can email it direct to you.
Attachments
image.jpg

MrGrey
I have stars, you haven't. Deal with it
I have stars, you haven't.  Deal with it

Post by MrGrey » Mon May 12, 2014 7:27 pm

sounds like a gang

tee hee hee :wink:

GRUVBB

Post by GRUVBB » Sun May 25, 2014 7:37 am

This run went off amazingly. Had over 200 bikes attend. Would have been more but plenty failed to front as they thought weather was going to be crud. We did not have any rain on us. Only a short burst for 5 mins but that was when we were all inside the Kopu Tavern. Massive prize list. First prize was worth just under $4000 including $1500 in cash. The sponsors came onboard really well. Prizes went from 1st to 10th and numerous spot prizes also given away. The run went over 200 km and had impressive feedback from the many participants..... Any of you guys that have bikes should come along on the next one. This was the first of many more to come. All bike brands welcome as its enthusiast organised.all the money raised is going equally to Westpac Chopper and Otara Spinal Unit.

MrGrey
I have stars, you haven't. Deal with it
I have stars, you haven't.  Deal with it

Post by MrGrey » Sun May 25, 2014 8:06 am

glad you had fun and the weather stayed good, and good on you all for supporting good causes :)

GRUVBB

Post by GRUVBB » Sun May 25, 2014 7:23 pm

Cheers. Did another run today to support Breast Cancer Awareness.... After all. We all like Boobs. The run left just prior to the MX5 Glow Worm Run so took the opportunity to pop over and introduce myself quickly to Ken. Sorry was a bit fast ken but at least you will recognise a ace at the Winter Wine Deez run next month. Hope you guys had a good run. Saw a few of the MX5's outside the Bayview hotel in Kaiaua as we were leaving there. :)

Ken.McNoe
Tentative sideways sliding....
Tentative sideways sliding....

Post by Ken.McNoe » Mon May 26, 2014 1:23 pm

It was good meeting you buddy, will chat more on the 22nd! Glad to hear the run went well, there were shit loads of bikes!
Ken
'I MEDIC"
1.8 1997 Red NA - NZ New

Return to “Off Topic Chat”