Common courtesy.... another 'rant' lol - do we expect it?

Talk about stuff not related directly to MX5s. Feel free to discuss what you like, as long as you keep within the forum rules.

Moderators: LilRay.Sun, Growler, jif, r3spct

Angreal
I have stars, you haven't. Deal with it
I have stars, you haven't.  Deal with it

Post by Angreal » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:18 pm

Scenic Drive is poo. Too many high speed sections for my liking. Lone Kauri Road :D pretty much 2nd gear the entire way :D Also single lane the entire way....

Mr. Shine
I am quitting my job and going 5-ing

Post by Mr. Shine » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:19 pm

Minimum posting requirement for listings for sale makes sense from a security point of view, assuming it actually does dissuade the light-fingered variety of low life from even trying to list here.
4A-GE wrote:Hey, someone dinged my karma too. What a toilet.
Have one back.
Angreal wrote:Scenic Drive is poo. Too many high speed sections for my liking. Lone Kauri Road :D
I agree with this.

zorruno
Black is the new black.
Black is the new black.

Post by zorruno » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:49 pm

Hi all, I don't normally respond in the Chat discussions, but thought you might like some responses on this thread. The rules are here but aren't too detailed as I'm really not trying to make this a boot camp. Please read though.... appropriate language is mentioned...
viewtopic.php?t=67
can we, perhaps, implement this here w/the NZ MX5 Forum, possibly people with zero posts shouldn't be allowed to sell items till a certain number of posts are achieved
not really. people should really put ads on the classifieds part of the site and I have told people such in the past.
Are there some links to recent 'one post sellers' to save me hunting or were they actually posting classified ads in the classifieds section?
Needing to have posts before you can put pictures up is a really dumb rule, I've found. Should be the other way around.
It is designed to stop spammers taking up my bandwidth with picture ad spam. Can't really be avoided sorry, and when it wasn't in place I got hit.
someone PM it through to me & lets kill off people who join up to post a FS Advert
um, no. :) But if you wanted to PM me with a post/username, I will possibly remove them when I get some time. If they are just posting an ad in the classifieds though, I don't really see a prob with them doing so?
the Classifieds is almost a separate place to the forums, its not a sub-thread.
this is true, and intended. I don't really care how many ads get posted to classifieds really as long as they are relevant to MX5s.
All posts from the forum also come with a subject tag e.g. [MX5-Chat] to allow you to easily filter. You can even opt out of some in your profile.
Minimum posting requirement for listings for sale makes sense from a security point of view
Yes, I'm sure it would but it isn't on my near radar sorry, and really I still would like to see people being able to advertise, say a car for sale, without ever having used the forum before.

hope that helps

cheers
(z)

Timmo
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by Timmo » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:43 am

Teamjelly wrote:---- Hilarious Thread -------
If no one is going to accept the challenge of the race, I'll put my hand up.
Taupo on the 7th or
Hampton on the 18th
Will be at both open Trackdays

Would be good if a few other members turned up too,
Trackdays are the most fun you can have with your pants on. :D
And a good place to find the limits of your car is relative safety
Keen! Not for a race, because turbo/supercharger > NA....but I'm keen for another track day and would love some other MX5s there. Ill start a thread.
Ex: 1991 BRG NA6, 1998 White RS, 1997 Wine Merlot M Edition

chris

Post by chris » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:49 am

zorruno wrote:Hi all, I don't normally respond in the Chat discussions, but thought you might like some responses on this thread. The rules are here but aren't too detailed as I'm really not trying to make this a boot camp. Please read though.... appropriate language is mentioned...
viewtopic.php?t=67
can we, perhaps, implement this here w/the NZ MX5 Forum, possibly people with zero posts shouldn't be allowed to sell items till a certain number of posts are achieved
not really. people should really put ads on the classifieds part of the site and I have told people such in the past.
Are there some links to recent 'one post sellers' to save me hunting or were they actually posting classified ads in the classifieds section?
Needing to have posts before you can put pictures up is a really dumb rule, I've found. Should be the other way around.
It is designed to stop spammers taking up my bandwidth with picture ad spam. Can't really be avoided sorry, and when it wasn't in place I got hit.
someone PM it through to me & lets kill off people who join up to post a FS Advert
um, no. :) But if you wanted to PM me with a post/username, I will possibly remove them when I get some time. If they are just posting an ad in the classifieds though, I don't really see a prob with them doing so?
this is true, and intended. I don't really care how many ads get posted to classifieds really as long as they are relevant to MX5s.
All posts from the forum also come with a subject tag e.g. [MX5-Chat] to allow you to easily filter. You can even opt out of some in your profile.
Minimum posting requirement for listings for sale makes sense from a security point of view
Yes, I'm sure it would but it isn't on my near radar sorry, and really I still would like to see people being able to advertise, say a car for sale, without ever having used the forum before.

hope that helps

cheers
Fuck. Appropriate language? Why? because some little 9 year old kid might be using one of his fathers computers and see he has been on a fucking mx5 forum?

What is on your near radar? The last time this forum was updated is when the moderators were selected half way through 2013. So.. That's nearly a fucking year ago now. "On my near radar" that could mean that we are decades away from updating the smilies.

The people on this forum are about the only reason I come here.
There are some neat DIY mods posted up. Some decent questions asked. And normally answered.

We ask one thing, one fucking thing, and you don't think it's worth the while.. Hmm.
1 X Primera
2 X Silvia
1 X BMW E30
1 X Audi A6
3 X Mazda MX5 (1989, 1990, 1991)

harlansmart
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by harlansmart » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:10 am

I'm with C on this...

What's with the total lack of desire to help members??

I asked and asked and asked and asked and asked and asked to get a hand with the 1800 Turbo thing no one did anything, I was PM'ing the Mods, I was PM'ing the owner... for months I tried & tried & tried & tried, it went on into a New Year FFS, complete waste of my time, proven waste of time, I could have spent that time usefully drinking beers or happily watching re-runs of Shortland Street, anyway the end result is I've no garage at all.

Again, we, members, as a group, are asking and asking and asking and asking for functionality and again the mods do nothing, again the boss comes along and we'd expect action from the big man but we've got nothing. Nothing.

Nothing.

I offered to do what the members want, myself, I offered & no one even said 'cheers but we'll take care of it ourselves hman thanks for offering to do our job yourself though, appreciate that H'

What gives, why does no one give a crap about the forum or it's members, I like my MX5's and enjoy many of the members of this forum however the forum itself & it's functionality is useless.

The mods are useless too, as proved. Completely ineffectual, proven. Proven not to react, not to help, not to moderate.

The mods aren't moderating & the owner doesn't / hasn't time so is the forum able to develop / improve / grow ?

chris wrote:
zorruno wrote:Hi all, I don't normally respond in the Chat discussions, but thought you might like some responses on this thread. The rules are here but aren't too detailed as I'm really not trying to make this a boot camp. Please read though.... appropriate language is mentioned...
viewtopic.php?t=67

hope that helps

cheers
Fuck. Appropriate language? Why? because some little 9 year old kid might be using one of his fathers computers and see he has been on a fucking mx5 forum?

What is on your near radar? The last time this forum was updated is when the moderators were selected half way through 2013. So.. That's nearly a fucking year ago now. "On my near radar" that could mean that we are decades away from updating the smilies.

The people on this forum are about the only reason I come here.
There are some neat DIY mods posted up. Some decent questions asked. And normally answered.

We ask one thing, one fucking thing, and you don't think it's worth the while.. Hmm.

4A-GE

Post by 4A-GE » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:01 pm

Hostile acquisition please.
chris wrote:So.. Scenic Drive.. Harlan, WOT, Kieran, 4-age, Which night suits?
Hrm. Maybe after exam time you lot can kick my arse at going fast. :lol: I'm 100% factory.

chris

Post by chris » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:10 pm

Nope - no excuses. I'm thinking do it tonight.

Hell, I'll bring a video camera and hang at the back
1 X Primera
2 X Silvia
1 X BMW E30
1 X Audi A6

harlansmart
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by harlansmart » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:29 pm

hey i'll come for a hoon, especially if its wet, will just bring blu racer though :)

Count me in... do the normal route??

chris

Post by chris » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:50 pm

Yo - Will keep in touch via Txt.

I was slow in the MX5. I am slower in the Audi lol.
1 X Primera
2 X Silvia
1 X BMW E30
1 X Audi A6

harlansmart
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by harlansmart » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:10 pm

FFS, you're on negative one again, I keep giving you karma's but someone seems to have it in for you dude.

harlansmart
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by harlansmart » Thu May 01, 2014 3:49 pm

There you go C, back on the board w/one whole big fat happy karma... lol looks like I lost a few more overnight haha

Angreal

Post by Angreal » Thu May 01, 2014 7:46 pm

harlansmart wrote:There you go C, back on the board w/one whole big fat happy karma... lol looks like I lost a few more overnight haha
Donated because you were at the bottom of this thread. I think we should have a race on this island. It would pretty much end up with whoever has the most ground clearance will get the furthest around the Island before bottoming out :lol: Also worked out why I had such a bad hangover... Beer here is usually 6 months past best before if you're lucky

harlansmart
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by harlansmart » Fri May 02, 2014 1:17 pm

take a hard pill, jesus h haven't I taught you anything... I was gonna take away one of your no doubt very precious karma's for being so pussy but my account has seemingly lost the ability to adjust peoples karma

See I am back in the positives again personally though..... poor old Chris is down at -1 again though rofl

chris

Post by chris » Fri May 02, 2014 1:58 pm

Nawww Angreal can't handle his hangover ;)

Pretty sure I woke up drunk yesterday.
1 X Primera
2 X Silvia
1 X BMW E30
1 X Audi A6

Angreal

Post by Angreal » Fri May 02, 2014 7:16 pm

I didn't drink that much and yet wow. Old beer does strange things as does Vailima... Might have to take up home brewing if this keeps up

chris

Post by chris » Mon May 05, 2014 9:02 am

Bump.
1 X Primera
2 X Silvia
1 X BMW E30
1 X Audi A6

harlansmart
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by harlansmart » Tue May 27, 2014 10:12 am

Dbl post.
Last edited by harlansmart on Tue May 27, 2014 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

harlansmart
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by harlansmart » Tue May 27, 2014 10:14 am

This forums doomed, people who want to be part of a good community spirit don't use it & people who've never posted even one single time are free to sign up en masse purely to use the MP to market their crap.

MrGrey

Post by MrGrey » Tue May 27, 2014 10:38 am

and to be completely honest, the asking prices do not entice me in the slightest.

4A-GE

Post by 4A-GE » Tue May 27, 2014 1:49 pm

Agree

4A-GE

Post by 4A-GE » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:48 am

Lo and behold: Two latest posts in the buy/sell section are from members with 0 posts.

GRUVBB

Post by GRUVBB » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:13 pm

FORUM is an abbreviation of FOR sale by Unannounced Member.... Alledgedly :wink:

4A-GE

Post by 4A-GE » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:25 pm

Heh I'm glad you see the funny side.

Timmo
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by Timmo » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:52 am

Haha, apparently if a replacement engine only has 20 000 k on the clock, the rest of the body, suspension, drive train, interior, ancillaries etc etc magically get reset to 20 000 k too! Sweet!
Last edited by Timmo on Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ex: 1991 BRG NA6, 1998 White RS, 1997 Wine Merlot M Edition

Return to “Off Topic Chat”