Can anyone see NA 1800 Turbo in garage ?

Talk about stuff not related directly to MX5s. Feel free to discuss what you like, as long as you keep within the forum rules.

Moderators: LilRay.Sun, Growler, jif, r3spct

harlansmart
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Can anyone see NA 1800 Turbo in garage ?

Post by harlansmart » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:19 pm

I asked Z a few times last year, he said things like:

'if not - just add it and it will be approved.... - Z' WTF, no one knows what this means, certainly I do not.

I jacked Ben's thread.... asked a few times.... nothing..

Today I asked Kieran, he politely told me to ask someone else, but I'm sick of it, does anyone run this forum, anyone know how to sort this, is anyone in charge, can anyone actually do something, or am I missing it... maybe 1800 Turbo IS in the list... but no one can see it, least of all me...

Does anyone know if 1800 Turbo is in the list, I cannot see it.... talk about the fff'ing run-a-round, FGS.

I mean, who's got an 'NB Mazda MX-5 1.8L Jasper Conran Limited Edition' anyway rofl ?

I don't care much if this thread is in the wrong sub-forum at this stage, mods feel free to move it.

But please, whomever can add 1800 Turbo to the list please do it, save me from asking over & over & over all over the place OMG time waste maximus lol, cheers.

This is the entire list, where is 1800 Turbo :?:

Last edited by harlansmart on Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:21 am, edited 4 times in total.

CordedBowl
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by CordedBowl » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:04 pm

Try create a new mx5, there'll be an option to create a custom one that will be saved in that drop down box.

CordedBowl
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by CordedBowl » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:10 pm

Where it says "not listed yet? Click Here to add a new one"
Attachments
Screenshot_2014-03-07-15-07-25~2.jpg

harlansmart
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by harlansmart » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:39 pm

Great, will take a quick look but loosing patience w/this... busy looking after my own forum..

Ah well, now I have no MX5 at all.
Last edited by harlansmart on Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

zorruno
Black is the new black.
Black is the new black.

Post by zorruno » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:11 pm

assume all sorted, but ...I could ask 'is there such thing as an 1800 turbo model' or is it a Eunos Roadster 1800... with an aftermarket turbo. (maybe there was a factory one here? I can't remember - I know there was one in oz)

Mine is an 1800 S Special with aftermarket supercharger... and I don't have a option for '1800 with Pink Wheels' either ;)

but in saying that... as above all you do is you just click 'Not Listed Yet? [Click Here]' and it puts it in a queue to approve (and I approve them every few weeks)

There is already an Exocet and '2005 6.2L V8' so it is not like I really care what people add so long as it keeps everyone happy ;)

cheers
z
(z)

harlansmart
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by harlansmart » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:04 pm

Zorruno,

I wrote you 2-3 times, as the Forum Owner why couldn't you add 1800 Turbo to the list, I kept asking for this to be done.

And you don't have the ability as Forum Owner to delete this now superfluous thread either, seems weird.

So if you don't, then who does, my cars gone from the garage, I tried really hard to get this sorted, I asked you, I asked Mods, I asked members, we looked at the screen in droves to no avail, then I asked on the forum, I spent a fair bit of time on this, no one helped me, I had zero success, no one assisted, no one knew how to add 1800 Turbo, no one helped, why?

Do I have to PM LilRay.Sun & Growler & Jif & r3spct to have this thread removed?

Cheers, dvp

[EDIT] I have PM'd all 4 mods [EDIT]

'Hi Mods,

Please delete the now redundant thread titled 'Can anyone see NA 1800 Turbo in garage ? MODS DELETE PLEASE' in the Off Topic Chat Sub-forum.

Thank you,

Harlan'

harlansmart
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Do not delete this thread - this IS the issue at heart !!

Post by harlansmart » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:31 am

As per the header 'Do not delete this thread'.

Ok so yesterday, when I failed to have anyone add 1800 Turbo to the garage list, I tried to do what CordedBowl suggested & I lost all my specs, all my pictures & links, i.e. my entire garage listing disappeared.

All I needed was the 1800 Turbo option added to the list, apparently according to the facts this was 100% completely & utterly impossible. But why?

I lost my car garage listing so not having 1800 Turbo as an option became irrelevant (to me at least) so I simply asked for this thread to be removed, Z came & went... thread remained, and still no 1800 Turbo on the list.

Then I PM'd all 4 Mods, all 4 members who moderate this sub-forum, 2 of the PM's are SENTBOX & 2 are in the OUTBOX. So 2 got opened, but nothing happened, thread remained. No response. No action. Zip. Zero. Nada.

This IS the issue, there is no (or at least virtually no) useful / active moderating.

I already operate a forum & the mods 'moderate', we'd never have this happening, its embarrassing, it frustrates people & its potentially damaging to have certain posts remain uncensured, I suggest tentatively that perhaps MX5 FORUM needs some active Mods.

Certainly, it would have taken just a few moments to add 1800 Turbo to the list, but it didn't happen, now after hours & hours of effort my entire car is gone from the garage. Gone.

We have 4 Mods, none of whom apparently are available to moderate - a perfect illustration if ever there was one, exactly the reason why I started writing in Ben's thread, showing people the problem in person, then writing this thread.

Sorry to chastise but someone should have assisted me, I tried many times via many channels to get something simple done.
Last edited by harlansmart on Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

CordedBowl
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by CordedBowl » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:48 am

I followed the same steps I posted;

Go to 'Create New MX5' (Don't delete your one, you can have multiple MX5's in your garage)

Upon seeing your model isn't in the drop down box, click Not Listed Yet? Click Here

Create your custom one, now because you have a custom model you'll need to add the colour it is as well, via the same method.

Tada, I am now the proud owner of a Bright Pink 1800 Turbo, it should be available in the list for you to choose.

After you CREATE a new one, because it's now saved in the drop down menu, you can EDIT your original one and change it to that particular model.

Honestly, yeah the moderating is slack but we really can't expect too much from a site that's run by volunteers and creates no real revenue, it's purely a just for the fun of it forum, it can't be taken too seriously.

harlansmart
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by harlansmart » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:59 am

Thats great dude & congrats on your new shocking pink 1800 Turbo garage listing but,

Its too late for me now, I'm not going to build my garage listing right from the beginning all over again, I simply needed 1800 Turbo added to the list, last year would have been good, I started asking for this to be done in the 3rd quarter of 2013. And it never happened.

Why did no one assist me, all I wanted was 1800 Turbo added to the list, its not like I didn't ff'n try pretty hard, PM'ing Z multiple times, showing people my problem in person, hijacking Ben's thread using screengrabs again to outline the issue, then I finally started this thread, still no one added 1800 Turbo to the list, Z came & went, even he didn't add 1800 Turbo to the list.

Finally you said 'BUILD A NEW CAR' but when I tried that I lost my entire garage listing, duh, so I was screwed.

My issue was real simple, could have been sorted in moments.

Remember 2 of the Mods opened my PM but didn't respond or act.

I'm not attacking the Mods, or anyone, but c'mon this was a no brainer.

CordedBowl wrote:I followed the same steps I posted;

Go to 'Create New MX5' (Don't delete your one, you can have multiple MX5's in your garage)

Upon seeing your model isn't in the drop down box, click Not Listed Yet? Click Here

Create your custom one, now because you have a custom model you'll need to add the colour it is as well, via the same method.

Tada, I am now the proud owner of a Bright Pink 1800 Turbo, it should be available in the list for you to choose.

After you CREATE a new one, because it's now saved in the drop down menu, you can EDIT your original one and change it to that particular model.

Honestly, yeah the moderating is slack but we really can't expect too much from a site that's run by volunteers and creates no real revenue, it's purely a just for the fun of it forum, it can't be taken too seriously.

harlansmart
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by harlansmart » Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:05 pm

Actually, you lied to me... you don't have a pink 1800 Turbo in your garage at all :shock:
CordedBowl wrote:Tada, I am now the proud owner of a Bright Pink 1800 Turbo.
Attachments
1.png

CordedBowl
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by CordedBowl » Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:17 pm

Must take a while for it to be accepted.

harlansmart
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by harlansmart » Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:37 pm

hahhaha now I just want to see you in the thing :lol:

GRUVBB
I am quitting my job and going 5-ing
I am quitting my job and going 5-ing

Post by GRUVBB » Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:54 pm

Big UPS to CordedBowl for showing how to overcome this issue when no-one else steered it with the appropriate knowledge.... Ill give him a Karma now and if he does a drive by of my house in his Pink 1800 ill rhrow another 1 on when my Karma button refreshes. :lol:

harlansmart
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by harlansmart » Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:12 pm

Well I gave him a karma yesterday... and again today bringing him to '13' lol

My only problem now is my car's gone now & I don't have time to do it all over again & probably never will.

Thanks to CordedBowl & I still wanna see his pink 1800 Turbo roll by my place as well.
GRUVBB wrote:Big UPS to CordedBowl for showing how to overcome this issue when no-one else steered it with the appropriate knowledge.... Ill give him a Karma now and if he does a drive by of my house in his Pink 1800 ill rhrow another 1 on when my Karma button refreshes. :lol:

Angreal
I have stars, you haven't. Deal with it
I have stars, you haven't.  Deal with it

Post by Angreal » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:00 pm

Guess I should offer to become a moderator since I have nothing better to do ;-)

If you turn up with your pink car I might have some yellow or blue paint that hopefully will make it red. Or is it green that does that?

Return to “Off Topic Chat”