Whats wrong with the driving standard?

Talk about stuff not related directly to MX5s. Feel free to discuss what you like, as long as you keep within the forum rules.

Moderators: LilRay.Sun, Growler, jif, r3spct

harlansmart
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Whats wrong with the driving standard?

Post by harlansmart » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:42 am

Many of you know Bluey took a beating to her drivers side earlier this year courtesy of an SUV driver.... well the good news is we got the blue car back from forum legend 2low2c last Friday, beautifully repaired & she is (was) scheduled for cut 'n' polish & final detailing this week :)

2 frikken' days later this is what she looks like. Neighbour did this, needless to say I am 'not laughing', we got to drive her twice before she got ruined yet again by a poorly driven SUV.

I'm sick of this... whats wrong with these people... if you don't lOOk where you go you will hit things, kids, prams, grannies I dunno but really people need to start lOOking where they are driving... there is no excuse for running into massive stationary items sitting exactly where you expect them...

Angreal
I have stars, you haven't. Deal with it
I have stars, you haven't.  Deal with it

Post by Angreal » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:53 am

In the city I was almost hit by one of those people movers who was reversing and didn't look and then had two people fail to give way and cut me off all within 4 minutes in the carpark at the supermarket in the city.

Is there any way I can send complaints of all the bad driving I've started recording (not that they'll do anything other than continue with this stupid 5kph campaign)?

TehAshleigh
Need, more, 5-ing, time....
Need, more, 5-ing, time....

Post by TehAshleigh » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:07 pm

:( <3

marcellarius
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by marcellarius » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:44 pm

If you have their registration plate and details, you can report it to the police and they will (apparently) contact the owner.

https://forms.police.govt.nz/forms/onli ... h-report/9

MrGrey

Post by MrGrey » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:01 pm

seeing these pics pisses me off immensely

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

harlansmart
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by harlansmart » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:34 pm

It was our neighbour, they left a note so admittedly far far better than what we know is 'average' but that doesn't alter my feeling a single iota, people have got to fuk'n watch where they're driving.

I don't give a shit frankly how fast you're going, whether you're driving upside down even, I don't give a toss if you're high on angel dust whether you're Swahelion or if you have 3 heads... to me its all completely irrelevant if you don't ever crash, all the pricks who hit me, all the worms who knock me off my bicycle etc are sober, with big fat ugly new vehicles w/loads of insurance plus all the excuses in the solar system 'i.e. sorry mr road rash I just didn't didnt see you because I am a big fat winner and my car must be at least 2 tonnes of double glazing, 4wd, TV screens plus 75 air bags & you can't hurt me so effectively to me you are irrelevant, kind of like the rest of the road environment... 'bout the same as a banana skin laying on the road... these people aren't drivers, they are basically driving retards. At best we could call them 'steerers'.

If a driver, had to do 1 year on a bicycle they'd !#]>*!! LEARN TO DRIVE.

If you can't look where you're driving stay inside your bloody house.

Blue door anyone, I've just wasted 5 hours phoning all over our local planet to no avail... deja vu :x
Last edited by harlansmart on Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

chris

Post by chris » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:48 pm

Sorry to hear, Harlan.

Driving standards are becoming lower and lower, with reversing cameras and sensors drivers rely on them way too much IMO.
1 X Primera
2 X Silvia
1 X BMW E30
1 X Audi A6
3 X Mazda MX5 (1989, 1990, 1991)

harlansmart
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by harlansmart » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:13 pm

Cheers Team,

So I'm wriggling in & out thru the navigators door, and sitting in a traffic jam sweating my nutz off because the window can't work.... ironic really isn't it... the same tools who drive their SUVs into us are the reason this road is jammed.

GRUVBB
I am quitting my job and going 5-ing
I am quitting my job and going 5-ing

Post by GRUVBB » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:26 pm

Im feelin the pain for you Harlan. Your bluey is lookin so nice everywhere else though. Pity someone has done a JOB on such a nice job. :cry: i dont have a blue door but I do have a hardtop. Have it offered to other Forumn member but if they do not want it I shall be listing it shortly. Im off work and funds are dwindling so need to move some possessions and keep up with financial commitments.

MrGrey

Post by MrGrey » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:15 pm

so have your neighbors contacted their insurance company to pay for the damage they caused?

SLYDIT
Keep calm, Forum Moderator here.
Keep calm, Forum Moderator here.

Post by SLYDIT » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:59 pm

why do you need a mariner blue door? just get any door and have it painted...thier insurance pays
RED '90 TURBO.
SCARING PRIUS DRIVERS SINCE 2002

harlansmart
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by harlansmart » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:12 am

Team cheers for all the props, 2low2c has assessed Bluey, she needs a big fat hole cut in the door skin just so we can remove the door, its that badly crunched & then hopefully we will see only the door is needed to be replaced - its obviously a lot nicer to get a blu door, the car is blu, inside & out, its a very nice NZ New all original vehicle if it can be helped I'd like to keep it that way and avoid having to repaint a whole door inside & out.

So again we're looking for a drivers side door, hopefully in Mariner Blue :?:

Angreal

Post by Angreal » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:32 pm

They must've been going pretty fast to put a dent that big in it...

marcellarius
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by marcellarius » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:41 pm

I think they must hand out licenses in Weetbix boxes.. just on my short trip to get lunch:

* A car turning right into a side street while I was stopping for traffic lights ahead cuts so close I thought they were aiming straight for my drivers door. There was no traffic, you could have waited half a second.

* Coming up to give way signs fast, then hitting the brakes at the last second when they see someone coming. Seriously?? Human perception is a long way from perfect and you're making a split second judgement that could kill someone. Just take it easy.

* Putting on your right indicator to signal leaving a roundabout. Fo' real?

* Coming out of your driveway like you're Ken Block in that Honda Odyssey... what if there was a kid on a bike or a jogger on the footpath. You only jammed on the brake when you were half way onto the road and saw me coming.

It's a wonder the road toll is as low as it is...

brownie
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by brownie » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:34 pm

i'll check work tomorrow,Might be a Blue door in stock,Only Might,will let you know

brownie
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by brownie » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:08 am

Got a Blue door in at work if you still need one,Freshie from Japan,PM me on Mazline user if you need it

Return to “Off Topic Chat”