STOLEN: White R34 GTR (STIG)

Talk about stuff not related directly to MX5s. Feel free to discuss what you like, as long as you keep within the forum rules.

Moderators: LilRay.Sun, Growler, jif, r3spct

MrGrey
I have stars, you haven't. Deal with it
I have stars, you haven't.  Deal with it

Post by MrGrey » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:14 pm

nah, he should go for security South African style....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQbHnLSasfQ

whilst locating that video, I stumbled across this anti theft idea..... is this real or just BS video editing? (very hard to tell due to the video quality)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvMwy_DJtWI

STIG
See my 5 and raise you.
See my 5 and raise you.

Post by STIG » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:55 pm

^ LOL

The car won't get stolen again though, but a tracker would be nice. Not too keen on the pre-pay fees though for a car that sits locked away most of the time!
R34 GT-R V-spec [STIG]
86' AE86 GT Apex
96' Red NA8C - M45 Supercharger

SLYDIT
Keep calm, Forum Moderator here.
Keep calm, Forum Moderator here.

Post by SLYDIT » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:43 am

STIG wrote:^ LOL

The car won't get stolen again though, but a tracker would be nice. Not too keen on the pre-pay fees though for a car that sits locked away most of the time!
i wouldnt sweat the fees. it costs under $2.50 to set the tracker up and test it. and a $20 vodafone prepay card will last a year before you have to top it up again, so that gives you about 200 alerts a year for the $20 a year minimum fee. of course if you fit a shock or microwave sensor then your alerts will be more frequent, but seriously $20-30 dollars a year in prepay top ups is small change for the security it offers.

if you trigger an alarm on the car when its armed, you will have the text on your phone in 5 seconds where ever you are, something an alarm cant do. and if you forget to arm it by the remote you can text it to arm it also. And of course if they do get away with your car, you can simply text it to shut it down once the speed drops below 20kph

the only down side to the trackers is that do use up your battery slowly, so for a car that is stored for long periods you may need to look at some sort of battery top up charger. i use a cheap solar charger sitting on the back shelf but you could easily put one in the window of your garage.
RED '90 TURBO.
SCARING PRIUS DRIVERS SINCE 2002

Return to “Off Topic Chat”