Police Knuckle Down

Talk about stuff not related directly to MX5s. Feel free to discuss what you like, as long as you keep within the forum rules.

Moderators: LilRay.Sun, Growler, jif, r3spct

TehAshleigh
Need, more, 5-ing, time....

Police Knuckle Down

Post by TehAshleigh » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:12 pm

Hey,

Just thought i would give everyone a heads up that there has been heaps of action on facebook about undercover police cars knuckling down on modified vehicles on road.

It seems to be based from central to south auckland.

New undercover cars have been introduced as well - with the current ones being discontinued, do take extra care to check out the cars around you and keep to the speed limit etc. Accords and Cruz's have been spotted, but i wouldnt be suprised if we start seeing the new camrys soon too.

Both another member and myself were pulled over for random checks yesterday (one in pukekohe, one further north) and did full checks over the vehicles.

Id say the hype will calm down after D1NZ this weekend - if you are going, do be careful!

Just a headsup - keep your car as legal as you can :)

Much love
xx

TehAshleigh

Post by TehAshleigh » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:37 pm

Heres an example of how bad it was an hour ago in papakura:

"4 officers + 1 marked cop car + 1 unmarked cop car on Porchester Rd, Papakura alongside Addision sub-division,

5 officers + 2 marked cop cars + 2 unmarked cop cars on Settlement Rd, Papakura between Opaheke Rd/Settlement Rd intersection and Great South/Beach/Settlement Rd intersection.

1 mufti officer standing right before Opaheke Rd/Settlement Rd intersection behind a fence with an RT. (more than likely to spot people coming up to the intersection."

GRUVBB
I am quitting my job and going 5-ing

Post by GRUVBB » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:20 pm

Good old 'KURA has been a police Hotspot for some time now. Thanks for the heads up tho...... My mate lives there and did a tour of the South Island at Xmas. Did not see any cops until he got back to Papakura and saw 4 between the motorway and his house out by Redhill.... They always pick on the areas where people can not afford to keep cars up to spec.... It makes them look 'EFFICIENT' at catching people.... Stay legal and give them heaps when they pull ya over!!! :evil:

jif
Why yes, actually I do run this site.
Why yes, actually I do run this site.

Police Knuckle Down

Post by jif » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:48 pm

also, we're heading into xmas party season ... good time to "remind" people to behave .  Mufti car on Tamaki drive this morning for the first time in forever.

On 14 November 2013 15:37, TehAshleigh <chat@mx5forum.co.nz (chat@mx5forum.co.nz)> wrote:
Heres an example of how bad it was an hour ago in papakura:

"4 officers + 1 marked cop car + 1 unmarked cop car on Porchester Rd, Papakura alongside Addision sub-division,

5 officers + 2 marked cop cars + 2 unmarked cop cars on Settlement Rd, Papakura between Opaheke Rd/Settlement Rd intersection and Great South/Beach/Settlement Rd intersection.

1 mufti officer standing right before Opaheke Rd/Settlement Rd intersection behind a fence with an RT. (more than likely to spot people coming up to the intersection."

------------------------
***86 Fighters*** (http://86fighters.wordpress.com/)

[Posted via external email]

CordedBowl
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by CordedBowl » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:50 pm

Thanks for the heads up!

MrGrey
I have stars, you haven't. Deal with it
I have stars, you haven't.  Deal with it

Post by MrGrey » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:36 pm

why not just ask chris to go ahead of you to act as a buffer?

Skilfil
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by Skilfil » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:02 pm

They're also making a point on cracking down on the nightspeed dragwars after a few dipshits got caught speeding after.

I might swap my rear wheels back out again as my tread is less than satisfactory for mr.plod. Getting new tyres this weekend anyway..

siren676

Post by siren676 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:04 pm

Just got home from work. Saw 5 cop cars driving along great south road between manukau and papakura then 1 marked car, 3 unmarked and about 6 officers on the side of the road checking cars just after kirks bush
1990 NA6C MX5

GRUVBB

Post by GRUVBB » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:07 pm

MrGrey wrote:why not just ask chris to go ahead of you to act as a buffer?
....+1 for you Mr Grey till someone with a chip decides to fleece you again..... Chris would not appreciate a +1.... :lol:

warrior
I only think 5.
I only think 5.

Post by warrior » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:28 pm

Was just up oshanasey street in kura. The cops never looked twice in me in my mazda 3 but were pulling people into the old warehouse carpark.
warrior

Skilfil
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by Skilfil » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:06 pm

Must be you south aucklanders, just drove home out west from the city, not a single cop in sight.

sprsta

Post by sprsta » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:05 am

Skilfil wrote:Must be you south aucklanders, just drove home out west from the city, not a single cop in sight.
same on the shore

chris

Post by chris » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:08 am

Yay! Now I'm not being picked on <3

Fucking wankers.

Edit: Before I get flamed for talking the NZ police down - After having my time wasted time and time again, I cannot be fucked with having any respect for them. Apologies.
1 X Primera
2 X Silvia
1 X BMW E30
1 X Audi A6
3 X Mazda MX5 (1989, 1990, 1991)

Mr. Shine

Post by Mr. Shine » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:38 am

chris wrote:Yay! Now I'm not being picked on <3

Fucking wankers.

Edit: Before I get flamed for talking the NZ police down - After having my time wasted time and time again, I cannot be fucked with having any respect for them. Apologies.
Wonder if your tune will change when you own a sensible car that doesn't scream "PICK ME I'M MODIFIED AND MORE LIKELY THAN UNMODIFIED TO BE NON-COMPLIANT!" and thus don't end up getting checked all the time :P

chris

Post by chris » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:50 am

I'm sure it will!

Maybe after a few weeks/months.
1 X Primera
2 X Silvia
1 X BMW E30
1 X Audi A6

Joel
See my 5 and raise you.
See my 5 and raise you.

Post by Joel » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:42 am

Skilfil wrote:Must be you south aucklanders, just drove home out west from the city, not a single cop in sight.
Constantly driving around West past cops even scraping at the wrong time, never pulled over.

Furai

Post by Furai » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:10 pm

Just went to D1 yesterday, Saw one cop on the way down and 4 on the way back.

Nothing unusual to be honest, might be worse today? The 2 I saw with people pulled over were both 4WDs anyway :?:

siren676

Post by siren676 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:32 pm

Werent too many camera vans or police cars on the way back from d1nz today. Heard they had a checkpoint setup on the gate at some point though as a few of the hardpark cars had green/pink stickers on them
1990 NA6C MX5

Joel
See my 5 and raise you.
See my 5 and raise you.

Post by Joel » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:29 pm

siren676 wrote:Heard they had a checkpoint setup on the gate at some point though as a few of the hardpark cars had green/pink stickers on them
wow

GRUVBB

Post by GRUVBB » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:05 pm

I was at a wedding last week drinking with a traffic cop. He told me that government funding is so low that they are told to dish out tickets even for the minimal offences which would only have got a warning in days gone by.

chris

Post by chris » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:12 am

Joel wrote:
siren676 wrote:Heard they had a checkpoint setup on the gate at some point though as a few of the hardpark cars had green/pink stickers on them
wow
Welcome, to New Zealand.
1 X Primera
2 X Silvia
1 X BMW E30
1 X Audi A6

Mr. Shine

Post by Mr. Shine » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:34 am

I'm not sure why anyone would be surprised that police had D1NZ-attending cars targeted. You'd have to be a special kind of "special" to go to D1NZ with a non-complying car and not expect some scrutiny to be likely.

Mind you, from past experience a sizeable number of D1NZ attendees are flatpeak-wearing knuckle draggers, so... :roll:
GRUVBB wrote:I was at a wedding last week drinking with a traffic cop. He told me that government funding is so low that they are told to dish out tickets even for the minimal offences which would only have got a warning in days gone by.
Which makes zero sense. The inference is that fines supplement the police budget, but that's not true at all. Fines paid for tickets and other offences go directly back to the government's account, not the police.

I wouldn't expect a traffic cop to have any understanding or intimate knowledge whatsoever of national policing budgets.
Last edited by Mr. Shine on Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Angreal

Post by Angreal » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:35 am

http://m.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article ... d=11158683

Clearly it's just a campaign targeting specific regions. Statistically people who attend these events will speed more than grandma in a mpv :wink:

Could be worse. At least police here are more courteous than in the states where a pistol gets shoved in your face if they have a reason

SLYDIT
Keep calm, Forum Moderator here.
Keep calm, Forum Moderator here.

Post by SLYDIT » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:02 pm

pity they didnt manage to catch the F***WIT in the wrx that passed at least 5 or six cars on seperate occasions into fully oncoming traffic...the cars were swerving off the road...i was on *555 giving a commentary and had to apologise to the lady for swearing as he nearly head on'd a red people mover who wasnt so quick to swerve. total F***WIT. its instances like that i wish he'd come accross a truck and got killed. one less asshole on the road.
RED '90 TURBO.
SCARING PRIUS DRIVERS SINCE 2002

4A-GE

Post by 4A-GE » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:46 pm

It's people like that who give [car enthusiasts like you or me, i.e not munters] a bad name.

Return to “Off Topic Chat”