Registering an MX5 to get more expensive?

Talk about stuff not related directly to MX5s. Feel free to discuss what you like, as long as you keep within the forum rules.

Moderators: LilRay.Sun, Growler, jif, r3spct

Angreal
I have stars, you haven't. Deal with it
I have stars, you haven't.  Deal with it

Post by Angreal » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:50 am

Skilfil wrote:Lol now the bikers are getting mad and bagging on 5s in general, even though I move way the fk over in traffic for them. :roll:
Guess I won't use my mx5 to drop off my parts I'm putting into the bike then :lol:

WhiskeyTF
Hey. They are NOT Training wheels.
Hey.  They are NOT Training wheels.

Post by WhiskeyTF » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:32 pm

Most bikers are also car drivers (kids to school and what have you) and 'most' do not bag others' cars and bikes.

Keiran; editing your post after it draws unwanted attention is not working out the way you thought it would. What we post online don't vanish down the memory hole, buckwheat.

When you told the internet that you're using your MX5 as your weapon of choice to injure riders so you can get a free repair - did you seriously think that you'd not get picked up on that?

chris

Post by chris » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:11 pm

Oh dear.

This is rather bad.

Lane splitting is annoying, sure. But I still look out for them, they take a risk getting on that bike everday, I acknowledge hem and move over.

However I will be sad if rego fees go up =[
1 X Primera
2 X Silvia
1 X BMW E30
1 X Audi A6
3 X Mazda MX5 (1989, 1990, 1991)

tomtikki
I have stars and not afraid to use them

Post by tomtikki » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:13 pm

Dude, a lame attempt to smooth this issue over.
An apology & saying it was all a bad attempt at humour would have placated most people. -me included.

I guess you really don't see a problem with your statement or actions.
Disappointing but nothing surprises me any more since being a full time rider for several years, I've had people try & close the gap on me while riding my bike a cpl of times but that's the risk you take when you lane split!
-sometimes it's coz they don't see you & sometimes it coz they do see you!
I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

SkilletKid

Post by SkilletKid » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:06 pm

What part of the original article mentions our cars? Not really getting where we will get an increase. I read it as newer cars will get a decrease in cost? (I may or may not be lacking a lot of sleep right now).

I have too many friends who are riders so I try to avoid hitting into someone who I might possibly know =\. Same with roadworkers.
"Yes, you got that, 16 years of [MX5] ownership and you too can become the Obi-wan Kenobi of not giving a s**t." - Moti

Timmo
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by Timmo » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:10 pm

SkilletKid wrote:What part of the original article mentions our cars? Not really getting where we will get an increase. I read it as newer cars will get a decrease in cost? (I may or may not be lacking a lot of sleep right now).

I have too many friends who are riders so I try to avoid hitting into someone who I might possibly know =\. Same with roadworkers.
No part of the original articles mentions MX5s in particular, but I would think they are considered less safe which is part of the reason why our insurance premiums are higher than for, say, a Corolla.
Ex: 1991 BRG NA6, 1998 White RS, 1997 Wine Merlot M Edition

WhiskeyTF
Hey. They are NOT Training wheels.
Hey.  They are NOT Training wheels.

Post by WhiskeyTF » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:56 pm

Kieran has edited his original post - so here it is again, in case those just come to the forum are unaware of what he said

Quoth Kieran:

"No most motorcycle accidents are caused by the dickhead on the bike doing stupid shit instead of staying in the line of traffic

e.g. overtaking me on the left side of the road which is an illegal maneuver!!

I CAN'T SEE YOU APPROACHING ON THAT SIDE!! IF YOU WANT TO OVERTAKE. OVERTAKE DON'T UNDERTAKE!!

Now that my rant is over please be warned anyone here who rides a bike if you see a white NB with a black Hardtop don't try and undertake me because I try to hit those people... I have some damage on my front passenger fender that needs to be fixed and I don't care about hurting you for a free repair."

marcellarius
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by marcellarius » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:25 pm

Did it really merit repeating though?

Yeah, it was a stupid comment on the internet. So what? The 'net is full of them.

Be courteous to other road users, obey the speed limits and road rules, don't be a dick.

marcellarius
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by marcellarius » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:18 pm

SkilletKid wrote:What part of the original article mentions our cars? Not really getting where we will get an increase. I read it as newer cars will get a decrease in cost? (I may or may not be lacking a lot of sleep right now).
You might be right, it sounds like they are decreasing the levies overall. Maybe we won't have to do extra hours at the salon to pay the rego.

Furai

Post by Furai » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:33 pm

Just to let everyone know as I had a couple people ask the Kieran on this forum is not Kieran S.

I am Kieran S, "Kieran" the username is a different person with different last name. -.-

Skilfil
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by Skilfil » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:38 pm

Kieran with pop up headlight green MX5 = Doriftu guy

Kieran with white non pop up MX5 = The bike crasher

siren676

Post by siren676 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:20 pm

Well this has been blown out of proportion...
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... 7166427243
1990 NA6C MX5

authentic

Post by authentic » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:43 pm

Well when you say ridiculous shit like that its going to get noticed and talked about. I hope other owners of white NBs don't get too much unwanted attention from this.

MrGrey

Post by MrGrey » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:14 pm

I don't use the book of face and without an account I cannot see the FB page... what has been made/posted/said?

Return to “Off Topic Chat”