Seat on trade me

Talk about stuff not related directly to MX5s. Feel free to discuss what you like, as long as you keep within the forum rules.

Moderators: LilRay.Sun, Growler, jif, r3spct

warrior
I only think 5.
I only think 5.

Seat on trade me

Post by warrior » Wed May 01, 2013 5:37 pm

I,m just looking for a cheap (safe) seat for the odd track day etc....is this any good?

ref 587559789
warrior

warrior
I only think 5.
I only think 5.

Post by warrior » Wed May 01, 2013 6:07 pm

also found some JAMEX seats on TM , again only after something I can live with on a daily(weekender) basis so any ideas would be great.
warrior

Keith Jones
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by Keith Jones » Wed May 01, 2013 7:03 pm

Personally I would only use one of the recognised makes, eg. Racepro, Momo, Racetech, AutoSport.
Have a look at TradeMe 588383973.
RacePro seats will fit directly on MX5 runners with RacePro brackets and fit the car OK widthwise. The question is whether you would fit?

SkilletKid
I have stars and not afraid to use them
I have stars and not afraid to use them

Post by SkilletKid » Thu May 02, 2013 10:31 am

A bit off topic;

Would be interesting to try compile a list of what seats people have used in their MX5s and what/if they had to modify to fit them.

Someone hit me with a stick if that exists already though.

Anyway, that seat you have in the original post looks alot like an NZKW one. I've seen some of the MX5Racing guys use them but from personal experience they don't last too long (brother used one as a seat for a racing simulator rig, cloth came away after a few years but could have probably been stitched up a little).
"Yes, you got that, 16 years of [MX5] ownership and you too can become the Obi-wan Kenobi of not giving a s**t." - Moti

chris
I have stars, you haven't. Deal with it
I have stars, you haven't.  Deal with it

Post by chris » Thu May 02, 2013 10:49 am

SkilletKid wrote:A bit off topic;

Would be interesting to try compile a list of what seats people have used in their MX5s and what/if they had to modify to fit them.

Someone hit me with a stick if that exists already though.

Anyway, that seat you have in the original post looks alot like an NZKW one. I've seen some of the MX5Racing guys use them but from personal experience they don't last too long (brother used one as a seat for a racing simulator rig, cloth came away after a few years but could have probably been stitched up a little).
Post it in the post up your interior thread
1 X Primera
2 X Silvia
1 X BMW E30
1 X Audi A6
3 X Mazda MX5 (1989, 1990, 1991)

warrior
I only think 5.
I only think 5.

Post by warrior » Fri May 03, 2013 7:14 pm

Ended up getting a MAZDASPEED reclinable seat, looks to be a good mix of more and function. Did these come out in limited edition mx5,s?
warrior

Return to “Off Topic Chat”