Wireless MP3 FM modulator

Talk about stuff not related directly to MX5s. Feel free to discuss what you like, as long as you keep within the forum rules.

Moderators: LilRay.Sun, Growler, jif, r3spct

DBM58
Keep calm, Forum Moderator here.
Keep calm, Forum Moderator here.

Post by DBM58 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:13 pm

My daily drive is a Mazda 6, which, whilst adorned with numerous handy features, including a built in CD player that cannot be replaced by an off-the-shelf model, is unable to play music stored in MP3 format. I have rather a lot of these. One solution would be to buy some sort of Ipod thingy. Another, according to the latest Jaycar mailer, is their a wireless MP3 FM modulator can be mine for only $41.90, What they neglect to say, is that for an extra $18 I can purchase a much better device. The AT1000.
Benefits so far are:
- it has some form of suppressor which removes the background whine caused by the engine.
- it remebers the track that you were listening to when you switched the engine off, and plays from the same track when you re-start.
- rather than having only six pre-set radio output frequencies to choose from, you can select your own. This means that you can pick a channel far away from a commercial station that may otherwise interfere with your signal.
- As well as USB style memory sticks, the type that are used in cameras can also be used

The major drawback when compared to an Ipod is track navigation. For example, my 2GB memory stick holds around 450 tracks at the moment. It would be tedious to try and select, for example, track 300. I guess that this could be overcome by reducing the number of songs stored. For around $10 I could buy a smaller memory stick that could only hold 100 songs. This would still be plenty.

All in all though, it seems a relatively cheap way of storing, transporting and listening to music.

Just to be safe, I have no affiliation with Jaycar, or any of their staff. I just buy stuff.
David

jif
Why yes, actually I do run this site.
Why yes, actually I do run this site.

Post by jif » Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:56 pm

Hi David

not sure if there was a question in there but one answer is can be found on trademe ... search for "mazda alpine m-bus".

Another quick search turned up more info here : http://forums.mazdaworld.org/index.php?showtopic=12079

hope that helps!

Return to “Off Topic Chat”