Rain Water Leaks

Archives of Posts to the NZ MX5 List back in 2005
r.v.boxall

Rain Water Leaks

Post by r.v.boxall » Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:02 am

Hi, all, change of subject please?

You helped sort out the water getting into the innards in the seating area, thank you all who proferred advice.

I've now got a puddle in the central well in the boot, and that seems to be the only wet place in there! I can't see where it could come from to get to only there. Are there any other tricky little drains from the hood that can get into the boot without making all of it wet? Can water get from the hood drain rail into the boot? It's a kind of difficult place to inspect. Is there any kind of generic problem with the boot lid seal rubbers? Any ideas? Should I get the hose out?

We managed to get a run out on Saturday with the hood down, out on the country lanes on the side of the mountain, between Inglewood and New Plymouth. Had a lovely potter, listening to the birds, and getting the farmyard smells! Very nice change from recent weather!

Ron Boxall
My experience too! Eric

MX5PWR
Need, more, 5-ing, time....
Need, more, 5-ing, time....

Rain Water Leaks

Post by MX5PWR » Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:55 am

Hi Ron, an area that can cause the problem is the aerial which can work loose or the mounting crack. The water then works through onto the sping for the boot lid and then falls down into the well. Have a look at the aerial as it may just need tightening.
Regards Nigel
Date: 2005/01/10 Mon AM 10:02:49 GMT+13:00
To: MX5List<mx5list@mx5club.org.nz>
Subject: Rain Water Leaks

Hi, all, change of subject please?

You helped sort out the water getting into the innards in the seating area, thank you all who proferred advice.

I've now got a puddle in the central well in the boot, and that seems to be the only wet place in there! I can't see where it could come from to get to only there. Are there any other tricky little drains from the hood that can get into the boot without making all of it wet? Can water get from the hood drain rail into the boot? It's a kind of difficult place to inspect. Is there any kind of generic problem with the boot lid seal rubbers? Any ideas? Should I get the hose out?

We managed to get a run out on Saturday with the hood down, out on the country lanes on the side of the mountain, between Inglewood and New Plymouth. Had a lovely potter, listening to the birds, and getting the farmyard smells! Very nice change from recent weather!

Ron Boxall
My experience too! Eric

Return to “2005”