Bonnet venting and no more wet floors

Archives of Posts to the NZ MX5 List back in 2002
Mathew

Bonnet venting and no more wet floors

Post by Mathew » Wed Jun 26, 2002 8:59 am

The leak has been discovered!. There are several drain holes in the door sills and these had become blocked. I had a look on www.miata.net and sure enough there is a Mazda bulletin recommending that these holes be enlarged to prevent blockages occuring.

Ray, which model Celica GT4 did the vents come from, and do you remember roughly what they cost. I am not having any problems with the engine itself overheating. The temperature gauge never gets over halfway. Its just that I have been playing around with a temperature probe whilst building my new cold air intake setup and once the area from the radiator back heats up it stays heated up. For example, if I go from home to work via my normal route (mainly open road at 50-100k's) the temperature at the air intake rises about 10 degrees above ambient. But if I take the route through town (first half crawling at 20-50k's) the temperature rises 20-30 degrees above ambient and stays there even if I get on to open roads and travel at 100ks for 20mins afterwards. I'm hoping that by installing some vents I can reduce this build up of heat and reduce my intake temperatures. I still haven't got around to swapping my injectors (next on the list) , or getting some form of knock protection !
as I recently got engaged and I'm finding that spare time and spare money are both in very short supply at the moment. I also noticed at miata.net that there is a Mazda Bulletin warning against intalling fog/driving lights at either side of the bumper 'mouth' as it hinders the flow of air.

Matt Avery
Deep Video Imaging Ltd
mailto:matt@deepvideo.com
www.actualdepth.com

This email message contains information that is confidential. If you are
not the intended recipient you must not peruse, use, disseminate, distribute
or copy the message. If you have received this message in error please
notify immediately by email, facsimile on +64 7 843 2562 or telephone on
+64 7 843 2560. Thank you.

From photos@parkside.co.nz Fri Apr 27 16:12:09 2007
User-Agent: Microsoft-Entourage/9.0.2509
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 16:11:32 +1200
Subject: Turbo
To: MX5 Club <mx5list@mx5club.org.nz>
In-Reply-To: <01C21B8B.36716380.mx5mart@paradise.net.nz>
Mime-version: 1.0
Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII"
Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit
Precedence: list
Message-ID: <Y5yOJB.A.kMB.2jXMGB@L733>

I'm looking at using a small turbo (VS10) running 4-6psi on a stock engine.
The question I have is regarding the computer/timing issues. From what I've
been told you don't have to worry about it if you are running such low
boost. I'd be interested to see what others think/have done themselves Thanks
Sean

Return to “2002”