NA8 coolant hoses

Discussion about MX5s, Roadsters & Miatas, not directly fitting into one of the categories below. Please keep it on topic.

Moderators: LilRay.Sun, Furai, Growler, zorruno, jif

Simonmx5
See my 5 and raise you.
See my 5 and raise you.

NA8 coolant hoses

Post by Simonmx5 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:30 am

Some of my coolant hoses are looking a bit tired so I'm thinking about getting this silicon coolant hose kit from mx5 mania in Australia;
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Mazda-MX5-Si ... 1e7f882a67

Does anybody have any experience with these guys or these kits, or know of anywhere in NZ that sells a complete kit? Works out to be $226 nzd including shipping. Only problem is that one of my hoses sprung a leak last night so waiting a week or so for it to arrive will be less than ideal...

marcellarius
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by marcellarius » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:49 pm

Is it the heater hose from the firewall to the back of the head? It's a very, very common problem for the NA8 and is caused by the O-ring on the crank angle sensor (CAS) getting brittle and allowing oil to leak down onto the hose, perishing the rubber.

If that's the case, a set of new heater hoses is about $40 and shouldn't be too hard to get from Mazda.

Simonmx5
See my 5 and raise you.
See my 5 and raise you.

Post by Simonmx5 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:11 pm

No, I've already replaced that one, and yes it failed due to oil contamination. The hose that's failed this time is the one that goes to the engine from the lower radiator hose/pipe. I thoguht it would be prudent to replace all of them now as this is the second hose to fail in the last couple of weeks.

Return to “MX5 Discussion”