Voodoo

Car Advert

Post by Voodoo » Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:55 am

Car advert for you all...

http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/~gm/C4.wmv

From jiffykiwi@yahoo.com Fri Apr 27 18:34:07 2007
Comment: DomainKeys? See http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys
DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com;
b=05NGbrBmNjjSeMHcKF37hzTmtZscXhbyBM3CSbo81mQosdQSIaJrhau1cmsfI/HtqZ0E3oLd8aN4M1KBIIZFWRtW4yDZaNUIAPoDQ7bmSyc+Lgsp8sMSWMDYVJ5MIhb6khwUf4EIoiYyvKgo2lHDcrgPNNsJP+tl+GBj+dS93gA=
;
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 17:13:59 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: RE V on bonnet and key
To: MX5List <mx5list@mx5club.org.nz>
In-Reply-To: <20041123193137.UNN13668.mta3-rme.xtra.co.nz@[210.86.15.139]>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Precedence: list
Message-ID: <RGUihB.A.vjG.DpZMGB@L733>

IIRC the "V" is something like a head of wheat, as opposed to the "toilet bowl" logo which is a lotus (not a Lotus ;). I understand that they are symbolic, possibly for "corporate confusion".

If the search page was going you could've dug up a fascinating exchange about the bubble-economy days when Mazda briefly transmogrified into Autozam, Eunos, M2 and ... another one, whose name I forget. (bonus points for anyone who can remember!)

Anyway, my point is that your Eunos MX5 Miata came from those wild and turbulent days. :)

r.v.boxall@xtra.co.nz wrote:
Thanks, Chic, it certainly says Eunos on the back end, and its registration says it's a Mazda, and, from what I can learn from an internet search for MX-5, the European version is model named Eunos, (ugh! too much like Eunuch!) and the American version is named Miata. Presumably, Miata's are LHD only? Certainly the only ones on sale in USA are Miatas. I get the impression that they are otherwise identical. It's got an O/E spoiler fitted to the boot lid, which looks identical in styling to the one on the Turbo version just launched. Also, power windows, A/C, and power steering. And, it's a japanese import made in 1991. And, it's a delightful little car! And, it still leaks!!!

Ron
Date: 2004/11/24 Wed AM 12:36:26 GMT+13:00
To: MX5List
Subject: RE V on bonnet and key

That's because your car isn't a Mazda. Presumably it is an import and was originally sold in Japan as the Eunos Roadster. The V is the Eunos logo.

Eunos was just another division/brand of Mazda, kind of like Lexus is to Toyota (though not as upmarket).

[...]

Return to “2004”