3rd party fog light wireing options

Discussions about MX5 Alarms, Car Stereos, Lighting, Batteries or other Electrical related issues

Moderators: Growler, jif, SLYDIT, brownie

Ben.Nakagawa
Need, more, 5-ing, time....
Need, more, 5-ing, time....

3rd party fog light wireing options

Post by Ben.Nakagawa » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:19 am

Hi, all.
I have got a pair of Navra Compac 80 fog (not a driving). It fits resonantly well as not too big or small.
It comes with some components to wire but because there is missing fuse box and so on I bought pre-wired pack include fuse relay and so on.
I would like to use the fog when the parking lights are on. I'm looking on the workshop manual -- wiring diagram section and find few options I can take.

The main lights I can tap to the main fuse box (in engine bay), either at 30A retractor fuse or unused (Fog/air bag) ones.
The relay wire can go to the combination switch (Light Green wire) or just tap to the Tail Light fuse.
Taping option is probably easier and relay will use a very little amps.

My question is that who have already done this, how did you do this?
I guess I would like to confirm this is a good option.

[Edit]
Just finished. I taped the relay circuit to the W/L wire behind the fuse box just before the tail lamp fuse.

[Edit2]
Another option is to use ashtray illumination lead. Which is much easier and may be safer than W/L line as it is after the fuse. I changed to this but if tail lamp fuse is gone, fog will be gone too but that will be not much issue.
Ben

1989 Red NZ New (100746) - sub grade paint and many small ding

Return to “MX5 Electrical, Audio, Alarms & Electronics”