OIL PRESSURE GAUGE

Discussions about MX5 Alarms, Car Stereos, Lighting, Batteries or other Electrical related issues

Moderators: Growler, jif, SLYDIT, brownie

amigo26
Hey. They are NOT Training wheels.
Hey.  They are NOT Training wheels.

OIL PRESSURE GAUGE

Post by amigo26 » Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:01 pm

Hi Folks and help!!!
I purchased last year a 1996 Eunos Roadster VR model, dark factory green, only 800 made I believe. It's a 1.8 manual and has heaps of factory stuff in it as standard equipment. The car had been fitted with a NZ 220 KM speedo with some horrible white and red plastic stickers over the gauges. My idea is to return the car to original so I purchased from the UK a original VR gauge cluster. The original VR's most had the 'VR' on the bottom left hand corner of the cluster facia. I swopped the UK MPH after market speedo for my speedo to keep the KMs correct. All seemed ok except the oil pressure gauge didn't appear to be working, something I didn't notice when I bought the car. So I swopped the gauge with the one that came with the car, same result. You turn the ignition on the needle flies across to the right, start the engine and it goes back to the left. So I thought the sender unit was at fault and I have just had a replacement fitted. Same result. So, where do I go from here. Now I have read that Mazda did in fact fit a 'dummy' or 'idiot' gauge that doesn't work but the oil light will come on if low oil pressure. All this seems a bit strange to me. How do I get the gauge to work. :roll:

amigo26
Hey. They are NOT Training wheels.
Hey.  They are NOT Training wheels.

Re: OIL PRESSURE GAUGE

Post by amigo26 » Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:22 pm

Problem solved, incorrect gauge fitted.

Return to “MX5 Electrical, Audio, Alarms & Electronics”