Alarms...Can someone recomend an installer please.

Discussions about MX5 Alarms, Car Stereos, Lighting, Batteries or other Electrical related issues

Moderators: Growler, jif, SLYDIT, brownie

poison
Keep calm, Forum Moderator here.

Alarms...Can someone recomend an installer please.

Post by poison » Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:29 pm

Hello Everyone

Can anyone recommend (or maybe warn me off) an alarm installer up in Auckland (preferably North Shore). I already have the alarm (Uniden VS2600 and dual stage microwave sensor) and just need someone to install it.

If I can get someone who has worked on an MX5 before then they are more likely to make a better job (or at least break less bit when pulling them off).

Of course everyone I rang gave me the "Oh yeah mate no worries, done tons of them".

Cheers

Gazza
:twisted: Gazda in the white HOT Mazda :twisted:

DBM58

Post by DBM58 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:24 pm

It has been some time, but Colin at Automotive Security has fit alarms to three of my cars (none MX5s). I have had no problems. He can be found at:

5 / 21 Poland Road
Glenfield
Telephone 377 7716
David

KSCRIM
Need, more, 5-ing, time....
Need, more, 5-ing, time....

Post by KSCRIM » Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:10 pm

I got Hotwire Auto Electrical in Kelston to do my alarm install, Good job and no problems. I got them to run the extra wire run through to the boot for the remote boot release, which I fitted later.
Most large companies are OK.
Kevin 2010 NC PRHT. (98 NB6C sold)

poison

Post by poison » Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:31 pm

Thanks heaps I'll hunt down Collin

The reason for my asking, recently a friend of mine went to a reputable alarm company and they subbed the install out to a one man band company as they were busy. A week or so later my mate got in the car and realised the alarm didn't go off.

So off to the original company, they found a whole bunch of things didn't work like the bonnet switch etc. And were so unhappy with the install they pulled it out and started again. Needless to say they charged the guy who did the install and I feel he may not be getting any more work.

I don't want to name names but feel free to ask privately.

Cheers

Gazza
:twisted: Gazda in the white HOT Mazda :twisted:

Return to “MX5 Electrical, Audio, Alarms & Electronics”