Heated oxygen sensor wiring

Discussions about MX5 Alarms, Car Stereos, Lighting, Batteries or other Electrical related issues

Moderators: Growler, jif, SLYDIT, brownie

warrior
I only think 5.
I only think 5.

Post by warrior » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:51 pm

That makes sence with the headlights.

I run what is called a powercard, it is a piggyback system that works very well with the supercharger.

I would gain maybe 10hp or so with a megasquirt etc but this system works perfectly. (maybe one day)
warrior

warrior
I only think 5.
I only think 5.

Post by warrior » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:53 pm

Cheers guys, looks like I got a job this weekend. :D
warrior

CordedBowl
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by CordedBowl » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:57 pm

Looks like all of your answers are here if you're using an MTX-L: http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=500416

CordedBowl
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by CordedBowl » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:01 pm

warrior wrote: I run what is called a powercard, it is a piggyback system that works very well with the supercharger.

I would gain maybe 10hp or so with a megasquirt etc but this system works perfectly. (maybe one day)
Phew, from what I read I thought you were running boosted on the stock ECU and only just got a wideband! :oops:

warrior
I only think 5.
I only think 5.

Post by warrior » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:27 pm

It is not that brand but I would guess to say it is the same way of installing it.

So I will take out the standard ox sensor all together and install the wideband one in its place, looks like this is the way to go.

If that does not work I have the bung to weld in if I have too.
warrior

sprsta
I have stars, you haven't. Deal with it
I have stars, you haven't.  Deal with it

Post by sprsta » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:24 am

If you are using the standard ecu you wont be able to feed it the wide band signal since it uses a 5v output and a narrow band uses 1v.

Wideband controllers like Innovate have two separate configurable outputs so you can use one with a linea 5v output to go to the gauge and a 1v
narrowband simulation to go to the ecu.

If you are using an ecu that can take a 5v wideband signal, you can configure the ecu output on the wideband controller to wideband.

If you are using the likes of a G1 FlyinMiatalink wich uses a AEM nonlinea wideband input you can configure the output curve to match

Hope this helps

Return to “MX5 Electrical, Audio, Alarms & Electronics”