Alignment Bolts (Eccentrics)

Discussions relating to MX5 Tyre choice, Wheels, Brakes Suspension components and other items to keep you going around corners, stuck to the ground or stopping on a dime.

Moderators: Growler, jif, Born_disturbed, punkoutnz

RMS
Need, more, 5-ing, time....

Alignment Bolts (Eccentrics)

Post by RMS » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:53 pm

Does anyone have a source for these?

I've tried Mazda but after two weeks of waiting they still can't tell me when they can get them in.

My current option is to get them in from the likes of flyin miata, but If anyone knows of an easier/cheaper option then I'm all ears

WideOpenThrottle
I have stars, you haven't. Deal with it
I have stars, you haven't.  Deal with it

Post by WideOpenThrottle » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:07 pm

Have you tried Ross from mx5 Mart? or www.mx5parts.co.uk/

The UK is very helpful with good rates & delivery :D [5 pounds 76 per set x 8 if you all eight sets] plus freight.
1989 NA 1650
1998 NB 1800
2005 NC 2000
1990 Landcruiser
Surfboard
Push-bike
Hiking shoes

Euen
I am quitting my job and going 5-ing
I am quitting my job and going 5-ing

Post by Euen » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:29 pm

The only reasons to replace them is if they have stretched or if you have bent one in an accident.

I bought a full set from Capital Parts in Wellington last December and one lot had to come from Japan and the other from Australia. Took nearly 2 weeks including freight from Wellington to Auckland.

They are different front and rear. For a 96, one end comes with nuts and the other without and I can't remember which, however you should be able to get away with reusing the old nuts anyway.

When you go into the dealer, make sure that you have your chassis number as they can vary slightly from model to model, although I think that they are pretty much interchangeable.
TG Sports, classic roadster - modern technology. NA1800, 99 head, 11:1 +2mm Wiseco pistons, Link LEM, Alloy f/wheel, JR headers.

RMS

Post by RMS » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:44 pm

I ended up buying a set from miataroadster.com. I have to give them a bit of a plug because the guy there was very helpful :)

I'm replacing the bushes with urethane at the moment and I noticed that some of the bolts are in very poor condition. The holes inside the cams have worn so that they just spin on the bolt now.

Return to “MX5 Suspension, Wheels, Tyres & Brakes etc”