Opinion on Tien suspension

Discussions relating to MX5 Tyre choice, Wheels, Brakes Suspension components and other items to keep you going around corners, stuck to the ground or stopping on a dime.

Moderators: Growler, jif, Born_disturbed, punkoutnz

Timmo
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Opinion on Tien suspension

Post by Timmo » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:19 am

Opinion on this suspension:

http://www.mx5mart.co.nz/db.cgi?db=mart ... records2=1

"A set of springs,struts by Tien.Quality Japanese brand items in excellent condition. Springs are 30mm lower and ride a little firmer but still good for daily use."

I want to get some slightly firmer springs and shocks for my car as the standard ones were a bit too unresponsive to quick direction changes at the last track day- Does anyone have any opinions on these Tiens based on the information available? I want a good compromise between road driving and occasional track use....these seem to fit the bill

Just to check also, suspension upgrades that are no height adjustable such as these don't require a cert right?

Cheers

Gordon Tucker
See my 5 and raise you.
See my 5 and raise you.

Post by Gordon Tucker » Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:16 pm

I had Teins on my 2001 NB. They damping was adjustable at the top of the shock by a knob that turned about 20 'clicks'. For the street, I had them set about 3 clicks from soft, so there was plenty of stifness to play with on the track.They were only adjustable for height by taking them apart and resetting the spring seat with a o ring arangement, so I set them and left them at 30mm lower than standard. I found them excellent, as do others that i know that have them.
2006 NC RS, Winning Blue. Lowered 30mm with King springs, aftermarket rear muffler and single exhaust, Toyo C1S 215/45x17 tyres

Return to “MX5 Suspension, Wheels, Tyres & Brakes etc”