Rear Suspension issues

Discussions relating to MX5 Tyre choice, Wheels, Brakes Suspension components and other items to keep you going around corners, stuck to the ground or stopping on a dime.

Moderators: Growler, jif, Born_disturbed, punkoutnz

Jesse Pinkman
Tentative sideways sliding....

Rear Suspension issues

Post by Jesse Pinkman » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:39 pm

Okay so I have got BC gold coilovers, with 1 and 1/2 inch tophats at the rear, and on the rear right hand side I am having issues with suspension travel where the top A-arm seems to be hitting the chassis and preventing any suspension travel on that side, the left side is fine... Also worth noting that the rear right is level with the left BUT on the adjustment for the coilovers the right side is about an inch higher than the left to make it even. I am thinking this is because maybe one of the arms is bent or something but I cannot tell... Mine isn't exceptionally low but the rear factory cross brace thing is about 100mm or so from the ground so it is low...

Has anyone experienced this before with their low, scraping mx5's? And how did you get around it?

Thanks for any help people :)
Don’t confuse fame with success. Madonna is one; Helen Keller is the other.

Jesse Pinkman

aesfd

Post by Jesse Pinkman » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:08 pm

Well I fixed my own problem. The car was just too low haha. I tried to do a little bit of trimming but it wasn't enough so i gave up and just raised the bloody thing.
Don’t confuse fame with success. Madonna is one; Helen Keller is the other.

Return to “MX5 Suspension, Wheels, Tyres & Brakes etc”